News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NRB Day! And one question!

Started by koky, May 30, 2014, 09:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koky

New Road Bike Day!

All stock with 14 gears but this is the first road bike I ever owned and I like it so much. The way it rides, the way it handles and the fact that I have lost 4 kg for five days. I already have changed the handlebar tape because the one I buy it with was awfully burnt from the Sun. Now I have plans to upgrade it to 9 or 10 speed.

Q: Is there anyone who is cycling too? Show off!  :D And share some experience!

Kostadin
"When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it." - Christopher McCandless

playpunk

Bikes are my first love - I have a cool lemond road bike, and a custom steel mountain bike. I've raced both on the road and mountain bike quite a bit, with a bunch of 100 mi mountain bike races as my biggest accomplishment.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

muddyfox

I keep looking at roadbikes... have been for years, never pulled the trigger.

Looking at those low spoke count wheels and myself weighing in at 110kg (240lbs for our metrically challenged friends overseas), I just don't think I could safely pull it off. Also, from what I understand, carbon forks are tested safe to 95kg. Not a good number, either....

pryde

Indeed I am an avid cyclist (trail and road) for nearly 20 years now. Cycling pretty much saved my life and got me on a path (pun intended) to good health.

I have an Orbea carbon fiber road bike that I love but put most miles on it in the winter.

Summertime is a lot more trail/mountain biking. Got a Titus racer-X and a Santa Cruz chameleon for trail duty.

selfdestroyer

I was in to BMX bikes when I was a kid and I always wanted this Robinson BMX bike but it was so damn expensive and my parents just could not afford it. I ended up finding one on a whim on eBay a few years back and HAD to get it. Here is a picture of it when it got delivered to my work.

Behold, the 1994 Robinson SST and its the 22" big boy model. haha

For now it sits in my garage with all the other "must have" stuff I have that I don't use. :(

Cody

lincolnic

I've got a Fuji Del Ray that my dad handed down to me from around 1990 or 1991...I bike to work as often as the weather/my schedule will allow. It's mostly uphill going there, which is tough in the morning, but it makes for a fine trip coming home.

catfud

Likewise, year-round, riding a 1990-pedigree dawes mtb to work and back every day, with only a few hilly bits. It no longer looks like a mtb though, so many parts have been replaced it's a frankencycle: a partscaster of the bicycle world.

haveyouseenhim

This makes me jealous. I have a junk ironman mountain bike that I like to take on some trails around here. I need to stop spending all of my money on pedal parts and guns, and buy a decent bike. ::)

The only problem is there is a strange pervert problem at one of the trails. I should avoid that trail. I once had to shove my knee into the back of a guys neck like police like to do. When the cops got there they got a laugh out of how I used their technique to shove the flashers face into the dirt.    A bit off topic but it was a good day at the trail     ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

slimtriggers

Old Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo and a Rocky Mountain Element Race.  Off road only.  I'm too afraid to ride on the road  :o