News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dangit. 1st world problems.

Started by Willybomb, June 01, 2014, 03:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

When I finished wiring and testing a project yesterday, I cleaned up my card table and the rest of the loungeroom in a fit of happy joy.

Now I can't find the bag of miscellaneous components that has all my extra bits in it.  I was going to see what 100r and 100uf caps I had lying around, but I can't find this bag anywhere. 

In other news, I did find the bag of on/on/on dpdt switches I was looking for 6 months ago..

muddyfox

See, silver lining!  ;D

Expect your resistors and caps to surface during pre-xmas house cleanup....

I've found that keeping track of incoming packages actually makes them disappear once they arrive. I KNOW I've ordered some stuff that I can't find for the life of me. OTOH, stuff keeps popping up that I have no trace of nor recollection of ordering and also no idea where I could use it. Moral of the story is to keep as little record as possible if you need your components to actually be there when you need them.  ::)

Willybomb

Found it!

It's rubbish night, and I figured "nah, couldn't be there", so I went out and pulled out the bag that I'd used for cleanup, and there it was...

Man, I'd have been devastated if I'd lost that bag of 5c resistors.

Chi_Boy

Gremlins.  Man, I hate those things.

alanp

I seriously need to sort my parts. ATM I have three plastic storage containers (2x4 compartments, and 1xlots of little compartments) for small parts (resistors, caps, leds, diodes...), and EVERYTHING else is randomly shoved into random plastic bags. At random.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

bcalla

I only managed to build one pedal this year.  Every other project came to a screeching halt for lack of some item that I KNOW I had before I started the build.  I have 5-6 half built pedals waiting for me to get it together and place a parts order - probably $5 - $10 for everything.

JohnL

My 6 year old grand niece came and visited. She was playing by my parts table and now I can't find several things. I feel all of your pain.