News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multi-build preamp/toneshaper idea-- thoughts?

Started by thesameage, June 03, 2014, 04:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

I've been planning out a multi-build for a while now and feel like I'm finally making some headway. I wanted to lay out the plan here to see if anyone has any input, advice, or troubleshooting. Any and all thoughts are welcome. It's an ambitious build, I realize and just in the planning stages, though I have most of the components. Still, I realize that it's probably not 100% doable. Or is it?  :)

Basic Idea: I play bass and guitar and would like a portable toneshaping/practice tool that I can plug into my practice space rig AND my home rig (which is a Tiny Giant 20 watt SS amplifier and a 1x8 cab—this is actually still in process too). 

Needs: No stomp switches. This is going to sit on top of an amp or on a table, so I feel like I can save room/compromise by not having stomp switches. That means that most everything will be on at all times except for the Fatpants and the Cab Sim, which I'll use 3dp switches for.

Blend function—this will be used with bass, so I need to blend the clean and effected signal. For that I'm planning on using the CP 1x3 buffer splitter: http://byocelectronics.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=44262. There are other ways to accomplish this, but I have 2 of these pop'd boards already.

The path I'm thinking of is this:

IN> 1x3 Captain Peyote Buffer for a blend> After life compressor> EFX loop>Six Shooter EQ> Fatpants>EFX Loop 2> Rub-A-Dub>Mix the clean and effected signal> ROG Condor Cab Sim> 1x3 Captain Peyote Buffer with an out to the amp and a second out that plug into a recorder or board.

Here it is drawn out: