News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fatpants higher frequencies?

Started by Stig, June 03, 2014, 09:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig

Hi all.

I have build the previous fatpants (just called fatpants:-)) and the fatpants 2013.

When i a/b them I notice that on the older one there are more high end harmonic content compared to the new one. And i really liked that on the older version. Its not like the 2013 one are dull and muffled, its just messing that 10% the first one have.

So my question is, which values are to be tweaked to regain some of the higher frequencies on the newer version?

Thanks in advance.

Stig

~ Be first to reply ~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midwayfair

Did you hardwire in the soft switch? That's the only substantial change. The other major change, the addition of positive bias on Q1's gate, should actually BRIGHTEN the effect.

Otherwise, make sure they're biased the same, or bias the one that sounds less bright a little hotter.

It could also simply be that you had a different FET in Q2. FETs are variable.

Stig

I haven't hardwired the soft switch, but it doesn't have a big difference on the sound. So perhaps I need to go over that one again...

But it couple be the FETs. There ones in the old are from mammoth and the 2013 ones are from small Bear. Could also just be different biased FETs.

But thanks for your reply.

Stig

It was a faulty soft switch. I installed a new one and I could turn on the higher frequencies.
Nice:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk