News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!!

Started by Kinki fuzz, June 06, 2014, 07:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

A Telecaster, at last! I've wanted a Tele for a long time and was in need of a single coil guitar (didn't own one since maybe 2 years), so this happened.

I got this model because: 1. It's in my price range, 2. Looks great (to me), 3 . The reviews were great. Got it 2nd hand, but it was in great condition, I think I've already done more scratches these days than the previous owner.
It feels sturdy and durable (it's a Tele, no surprise here), the neck is very comfortable, the hardware is ok, and the sound is what I was looking for, not much experience with single coils or teles to judge how good or bad they are. Will keep it stock for some time. I don't think there's nothing to add about a Telecaster, and how right fender got the design in the first place, so 60 years latter it's still attractive...

So far the biggest surprise is the neck pick up, I knew what to expect from the bridge, but I'm loving the neck for blues leads and it's great for rhythm too. This guitar and my recently added Russian spec big muff is my favorite tone these days.

Gledison

Yeees, it looks great!
if you are happy with the sound its what matters right? I´ve built one myself from a Kit and got some good pickups on it and loved it.
There is some mistery in Teles that are great for blues!!! indeed the Neck pickup sounds fantastic! nice sounding bends around the 12th fret :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

oldhousescott

Congrats! She's a beauty!

PhiloB

I've got one of these as well - is it a Squier Classic vibe? I bought mine 2nd hand as well.  Love the feel of mine too.

Leevibe

What a beaut. There's lots of love for the classic vibes. I'm a little jealous.

Kinki fuzz

Yes, it's a classic vibe squire, forgot to mention, you get a lot for the money, 100% recommended

Enviado desde mi HP Slate 7 mediante Tapatalk

LaceSensor

lots of squiers play and feel as good or better than the real deal
I have a squier jazzmaster (mascis model) it was £300 and just as good as any mexican costing twice as much
plus its got a gold anno scratchplate so looks better, too.

Droogie

Congrats on the new Tele! I've become a convert myself after 20+ years of playing 335s.
There's so much musical range that can be covered with these—rock, country (duh), jazz, and of course, Gregorian chants :o. End of (not) news flash...
Quote from: LaceSensor on June 06, 2014, 03:34:29 PM
lots of squiers play and feel as good or better than the real deal
I have a squier jazzmaster (mascis model) it was £300 and just as good as any mexican costing twice as much
plus its got a gold anno scratchplate so looks better, too.

True dat! One doesn't have to spend $$$$ to get a guitar that feels good.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

selfdestroyer

I used to be a tele guy, not sure why I changed.. can't put my finger on it. I also love the Classic Vibe series, they are very well built guitars and are a great platform for modding. Matter of fact, I have a Classic Vibe Strat getting delivered tomorrow that I got in a trade.

Cody

twin1965

Lovely looking :) I've got an '89 Sunburst American Standard and I love it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

pickdropper

Congrats, that looks really nice.

I love a good tele.  I've been drawn to them a lot lately for some reason.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mjcyates

Very nice! I have played a couple of those. I think they sound and play great out of the box.

gtr2

TELE for the WIN!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GermanCdn

Very nice CVC, congrats.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.