News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My First Multi effector

Started by ggarms, June 10, 2014, 12:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Well, that was fun. This is A tri vibe into a neptune into a rub a dub deluxe. Twas a fun build indeed. astronomy nerds may notice I matched my knobs to the stars in the spectral class graph.  I've got a lot (read: A LOT) of populated PCB's in my pile and decided the best way to start making room for more is to start boxing multi's. This trio seems to work well together, sonically speaking. A lot of my builds end up being astronomy themed, and this one may be my favorite so far. My wiring didn't end up as cute as I had hoped, but I only had one of jacob's boards left and I wanted to save it for my sk2 build. Anyway, thought I'd share.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Leevibe

midwayfair

Great trio of effects that'll make a bunch of weird noises. :) I bet the whirl setting into some plate verb is especially cool.

Awesome graphic too. :)

lincolnic

alanp

It looks like you made the same mistake I did with MY multi -- the fx are backwards order :)

Bloody good job, though!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Droogie

Quote from: alanp on June 10, 2014, 05:03:20 AM
It looks like you made the same mistake I did with MY multi -- the fx are backwards order :)

Bloody good job, though!

I've done that too! Better job than my first multi by far—you couldn't see what's inside it through all the spaghetti.

Kudos!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

ggarms

Quote from: alanp on June 10, 2014, 05:03:20 AM

Bloody good job, though!

Alan, Glad you noticed! I unfortunately wasn't thinking reverse when I drilled. Noob mistake, but hey, now i know.

Thanks for the props guys

ggarms

Oh and Jon, this is the neptune you sent me; many thanks again. I've been having a blast with the momentary on that one. I think I ended up going with either a 100 or 150n for c14 on the neptune, which (when combined with the reverb decay at max) is giving me a beautifully haunting dark wall of cave noise. This definitely won't be my last multi, as I have a stage fright I need to pair up with something. I was thinking of doing a phase/vibe box with a warbler or cardinal, the stage fright, and possibly the warhead/harbinger.  AGH the possibilities.....