News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Build (Neutrino)

Started by j.a.rivera, March 26, 2010, 01:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.a.rivera

Hi everyone.
Just wanted to show off my first non-kit build. It's a Neutrino, and I've kept it stock so far because it sounds bloody fantastic.

Also my first attempt at acid etching and paint, which came out surprisingly well... The edge at the top is a bit blurry 'cause I got a little over zealous with the sanding. I'm otherwise very happy with it, and shocked that I didn't screw it up any further.

In the next couple of weeks I'm gonna try to re do the case, 'cause I'm a hopeless perfectionist. I also want to get the wiring a little bit cleaner, since I really struggled to shove it all in there. I think there's still room for improvement.

sjturbo

Nice Job J.A.!! The etching looks great!! I'm going to build one soon. Quick question, did you build with the Burst or Black values and why did you choose one over the other. One never reaches perfection, just a reasonable copy!

pandadandan

:o :o :o
Amazing!

I love the matte aluminium look.

Very professional.

madbean

Super work, Jorge! I think the wiring is just fine. I like that you made the artwork along the same lines as the name...I'm a astrophysics nerd :)

j.a.rivera

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: sjturbo on March 26, 2010, 04:37:34 PM
Quick question, did you build with the Burst or Black values and why did you choose one over the other.

I did the Burst. I've never actually had a chance to play an Eternity myself, so I had no idea what the difference was outside of what I've read online, which didn't really help much... Just a lot of "well, it's a personal thing, you know?". Yes, really helpful, dude. Thanks.

My first thought was that'd I'd build one, then swap out the parts and try the other... But frankly, I like how this thing sounds so much I really don't think it's necessary. I did try like 5 different ICs, before I picked the NE5532.

Quote from: madbean on March 26, 2010, 05:08:57 PM
Super work, Jorge! I think the wiring is just fine. I like that you made the artwork along the same lines as the name...I'm a astrophysics nerd :)

Thanks, Brian. I liked the name, so I went along those lines.  Even though I suck at math in an almost alarming fashion, I love physics and the like and try to read up on it a lot (the easy stuff for math-less schmucks like me).

My friends dubbed it the 'Small Hadron Collider', which has stuck.