News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soldering Station

Started by dan.schumaker, June 14, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

So my Stahl soldering station bit the dust this morning.  Since I am using my station 4-5 times a week, I am looking for an upgrade from it.  Does anybody have any recommendations for a new station?  I am looking to keep it under $100.  I am thinking of the Hakko FX888, but looking if anyone has anything else to suggest.

Thanks

rullywowr

IMO, you can't go wrong with a Hakko or a Weller. Digital temp readout is a plus. Both are great brands and easy to find replacement parts down the line.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

irmcdermott

I was always happy with my Xytronic 379 station, that's now discontinued, and it's been replaced by the Xytronic LF-369D

RobA

I love my Hakko. It's been absolutely perfect since I got it. Soldering is so much easier with it.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

das234

I have the 888 (the older style one, not the 888D) and I've found it very nice to use.

flanagan0718

I've got a Weller. No digital temp read out but it certainly does the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevie1556

I'm using this one. It's a cheapy chinese one from ebay, but I honestly can't fault it. Variable temp for both the iron and hot air gun, plus fan speed setting.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

dan.schumaker

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I ordered the Hakko this morning.  Now I just have to wait for Amazon to deliver.  I guess having to wait on the soldering iron will force me to do other things, like mowing the lawn...