News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple more builds to share

Started by Bufferz, June 16, 2014, 05:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bufferz

"Orange Pre" 2 Gain Stages one Transistor w/ clipping and HP/LP filter toggle and the other a Mosfet Boost

Overdrive circuit w/ internal trims for EQ (sorry guys - really embarrassed at the guts on this but hopefully by posting this - the shame I am feeling will inspire me to just stop the next time I am hustling to try and get the build completed ASAP just so I can go to bed)

affiliations: TFX

insomniac2295

It's nice seeing more people using clear shaft pots & knobs with LEDs! Looks nice! I also dig the knob and switch locations on your pedals. I've always thought that having the knobs spread across the whole width of horizontal pedals with the switch in the middle left little room to stomp. I like that yours are on opposite sides. Bravo!

m-Kresol

Both look very nice. One question though: for the orange pre: why is the big LED always on?
ok, I lied. It's actually three questions: Does it just look like the LEDs under the pots are responding to your playing or are they really doing that? what PCB did you use for the orange pre? sounds like something I'd like to build :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bufferz

Thanks guys. The status indicators for the orange pre channels are under the switches - the amp jewel is always on because I like the look of the LEDs responding to the playing. The PCB is one I designed - you could build a combo pedal with a la vache into a slam box you will be pretty close. The LEDs responding to the playing can be found under this forum as "sound 2 light" - it's pretty fun.
affiliations: TFX