News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quadrovibe 2

Started by chordball, June 17, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chordball

Hey Brian, can you share some info on the Quadrovibe 2 that you mentioned in the recent Quadrovibe build report? I'm very curious about this one. Thanks!

madbean

Sure. The actual vibe/trem part is mostly the same with just a hair of tweaks. The main difference is the QV2 will run at 9v, uses a simple OP-Amp LFO and has a couple new features: a square/sine switch and a ramp up/down switch. So, the main idea is just tweaking the LFO from the original Univibe one which I think will have a bit wider appeal.

chordball

Cool! Thanks for the info. Sounds like it would appeal to a wider audience that way. But it also sounds like I still need to build up this original Quadrovibe board I have to compare the two. ;)

madbean

I do really love the sound of the original with the bulb tremolo. But, yeah, there will be a choice now.

chordball

From the few reports out there, I've heard nothing but good things about the original. I think it will suit me better. I have the bulb so why can't I stop being so lazy and just build it?

PhiloB

Do it chordball....build it!

chordball

Quote from: PhiloB on June 17, 2014, 11:18:46 PM
Do it chordball....build it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I think it will be at the top of my list once I finish up my other project (replacing a gas tank and a few other parts on my '88 BMW).