News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stereo Blender? Idea help

Started by Beedoola, June 19, 2014, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I have a Digitech Jamman Stereo and I've been using it in Mono, and plan on continuing to do so, but I had an idea to kind of "double" the loops and keep them synced and separated by building a box that would allow me to choose the Input/Output (L/R) I'm using and thus recording into that portion of the circuit.

What would be even cooler is to make a Blend control so I could fade one loop out by panning to the other.

What I'd like is a box that takes my single mono output (from my tremolo pedal) and then somehow splits the signal into Left and Right.

The box would have L and R IN/OUT that would go to the Jamman. I guess the circuit would almost be like a true-bypass looper switcher in a sense.

I need the blend control as mentioned, and but also a way to cut the Input going into the Jamman; the blend would be used to control the output but the Jamman, but I need a way to disable each input, independently, so audio isn't recorded to the both L and R parts of the looper, but just whichever I choose.

Any pointers on a circuit I can elaborate on? I imagine I'll need to make something that is an active circuit? - slitting my Guitar's output into stereo.

I hope my description makes sense.

Thomas_H

I dont know if I really get it.

To split your guitar signal into two and feed it to the looper you may want to have a look at JMKs panner circuit. You can use it to pan the signal to the left and right channel or in between.

Not sure if you want to be able to break the signal befor AND after each Looper channel.  If so, you can wire a 3PDT or relay switch as if your Looper is an ordinary effects unit.
If you only want to silence the input and still have the looped signal you use only half of it on the input of the looper.

Hope this helps.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Beedoola

Quote from: Thomas_H on June 19, 2014, 07:13:00 AM
I dont know if I really get it.

To split your guitar signal into two and feed it to the looper you may want to have a look at JMKs panner circuit. You can use it to pan the signal to the left and right channel or in between.

Not sure if you want to be able to break the signal befor AND after each Looper channel.  If so, you can wire a 3PDT or relay switch as if your Looper is an ordinary effects unit.
If you only want to silence the input and still have the looped signal you use only half of it on the input of the looper.

Hope this helps.

Here is a crude drawing. After some thinking, what I want is basically an A/B box, that makes sense and is easy, that chooses whether my guitar goes into the Jamman's left or Right Inputs.

Then from the outputs of the jam man, the Left and Right go into a blender. When the knob is noon, both outputs sum together and are sent to the amplifier. Panning Left, sends just the left output, Panning Right sends just the right output.

Things I need to not happen; have audible switch pop when choosing inputs...

stecykmi

this is what a dj would call a crossfader.

Beedoola

Quote from: stecykmi on June 29, 2014, 01:20:19 AM
this is what a dj would call a crossfader.

you mean the latter part of the drawing; the output?

An A/B box would work for the input, choosing whether my guitar goes to Input L or R, but I need to make sure, if possible, there is no load/switch pop when selecting the inputs.

Is there a simple blender or "cross-fader" circuit out there?

Thomas_H

Not usually suggesting my own stuff but here is one.

http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/madbox-v3-1-pcb/

I think the above board will do what you need. It can buffer and split the input and mix it back together later.

You only need to use a dpdt switch that opens and closes each channel.

DIY-PCBs and projects: