News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PanCake (Crowther HotCake)

Started by PhiloB, June 20, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Got the 'Shortcake' PCB from Layton (TreeSlayer).  Thanks man! The PCB was put out by BigDipper Effects.
Pretty straight forward build (I think).  D2 and D3 are optional diodes for the 'Bluesberry' mod.  I put them on a dpdt switch.  It doesn't seem to do much and I'm wondering if I have it wired correctly.  I put the two diodes in series and wired it directly to one of the two diode sockets.
Even before I put the diodes on the switch I couldn't tell much of a difference (using the sockets).  Apparently it only effects the decay.  The kids are asleep so I can't put it through it's paces yet.
It's an interesting od/distortion.  Here's a couple photos:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnic

Nice! The Hotcake is a favorite of mine. I really like that enclosure finish, too.

PhiloB

I look forward to spending some time with it.
The enclosure is a Mammoth Seafoam Green.  I have been using envirotex on the enclosures recently but went with clearcoat this time.

PhiloB

Played some more with the pedal.  Sounds great.  Really like the pedal with mild breakup.
I really think I did something wrong on the diodes and switch.  Think I'll start a new problem thread:)

televisiondown

That seafoam green is sharp! I built a hot cake on vero and I love it. Good luck with the bluesberry mod. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

jtn191

Nice build! good to see these still being built. I'll see if I can answer your question in the tech thread

PhiloB

So this was your circuit?  Great job man.  And thanks for the tech help:)

bcalla

That came out great!  I love seafoam green enclosures, I have one I need to use.

jtn191

Quote from: PhiloB on June 22, 2014, 08:10:55 PM
So this was your circuit?  Great job man.  And thanks for the tech help:)

Yeah, I'm Big Dipper Effects and did that layout but lots of the schematic/heavy lifting came from CJ/CultureJam over on fsb (active here as well).
iirc, the3secondrule was the one who clued me in on the Bluesberry mod. Glad you like it, it's a cool sounding circuit