News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Enlightened Thrust (Serendipity)

Started by hairshirt, June 22, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairshirt

So...

This is my first post but these pedals are builds 5 (blue) and 6 (ivory).  These are based on Haberdasher's boards.  I've also come to realize that fabbed PCBs are much easier.  :)

The blue one is for me and was a test to figure out how to build from an etched board.  The ivory pedal is a thank you for a friend who helped me get a new Johnny Marr Jaguar at dealer cost through a shop owner that he knows.

Since I've only been playing for a couple of years and I've never heard a proper Zendrive I don't know how these compare.  Though the Op Amp is a NE5532 as has been newly discovered to be the actual op amp used in the Hermida model, or at least the Lovepedal model.  One of these is all BAT41 for clipping where the other has a 1N34A in D2.  I'll be damned if I can hear a difference but I don't have golden ears.  Perhaps somebody else could.  And next time... I'll probably finish with Enviro.  Clear coat is a pain to try and get a consistent, smooth coating.  The sides of these pedals aren't very shiny or smooth anymore now that I've worked with clear coat.  At least Enviro should give me a bit more control.  Live and learn.

Anyway, thanks to everybody here for all discussions from the past which have helped me with my builds!  Harbinger One... here I come!  Or not.

nick

sirbergersworth

Both look very nice. I just finished my serendipity last night. My first time with an etched board also. A little learning curve but I didn't have to hard a time with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bcalla

Love them both!  Neat work and clean graphics.

lincolnic

Thomas_H

They both look great! The white color is my favourite.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

muddyfox

Which knobs are those on the white one?

hairshirt

I believe I got them from Smallbear or Mammoth.  They're one of the aluminum styles.  When I get home I'll see if I can find which exact model they are.  But they are a bit spendy as I recall.  Something like $1.50 or $2.00 each.

Leevibe

Jabulani Jonny

These look great!  I also just finished two Serendipity's from Haber boards.  The first one worked no problem, but the second one had me troubleshooting for a bit.  Turned out to be a lifted trace at the ground input.  Flowed with solder and it was all good. 
Jonathan

hairshirt

The black knobs are these:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=547

Like I said, pricey.  But so worth it if it's just for a single build or maybe a couple of builds.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

nick

selfdestroyer

I really like the waterslides on there. The bamboo is awesome looking.

Cody