News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naga Viper

Started by angrykoko, June 21, 2014, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

A Naga Viper on mysticwhiskey's v1 layout.

This one was sitting around for about a year, finally got around to putting some graphics on it last night.
Lesson learned.. don't put the graphics on at night in bad light.. I might have noticed the scratch down the middle of the skull (sort of adds to the odd look of the whole design I tell myself).

It's a very versatile boost but, it's adding way too much noise (almost like a buzz).
Not sure if it's the layout of just the nature of the circuit (anyone else built one of these on a different layout care to chime in?)

Koko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

rullywowr

Looks great man!  I love this circuit a lot.  Very versatile and live the range knob.

On my "serpent boost" PCB at rullywow.com there is no buzz or noise fwiw.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GammaFlex

Very cool. Pretty well laid out but I'm curious as to why you used a stereo jack? Just lack of parts?

angrykoko

Quote from: rullywowr on June 21, 2014, 06:32:18 PM
Looks great man!  I love this circuit a lot.  Very versatile and live the range knob.

On my "serpent boost" PCB at rullywow.com there is no buzz or noise fwiw.

Thanks, I may give yours a try.. this is the most noisy boost out of the 4 I've built which is a shame because that range knob is really a nice idea. 
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

angrykoko

Quote from: GammaFlex on June 21, 2014, 06:46:36 PM
Very cool. Pretty well laid out but I'm curious as to why you used a stereo jack? Just lack of parts?
Well, it was a year ago so I don't really remember but I would guess yeah, just what I had on hand... especially looking at the pot's, they are normal solder lugs that I added legs to for the "board mounted" pot look :)

Leevibe

That looks great. I think the scratch gives it the old film look.