News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I need everyone to do a few things for me...

Started by flanagan0718, June 23, 2014, 02:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Laugh, love, and live. I found out today that my best friends mothers fiancé died yesterday. He was in his 50's. I have known my best friend and his little brother for 25 years (I am 31 next month). I taught his little brother to play the drums (and is now in a semi successful band doing so). His mothers fiancé was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He made her happy and that was the most important thing to me. Their house was a place of escape for me when I was younger. They were a second family to me. It's too often that people we love are ripped from our world. Not looking to be the rain cloud. Just saying life is too short and we sometimes loose site of that. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stomptown

Sorry for your loss and your advice is sound. Life it definitely too short to forget to laugh, love and live to the fullest. My thoughts are with you brother...

culturejam

Great advice, brother. Great advice indeed.

Sometimes we all need a reminder to keep things in perspective. Thanks for that.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Leevibe

flanagan0718

Quote from: culturejam on June 23, 2014, 03:06:32 AM
Great advice, brother. Great advice indeed.

Sometimes we all need a reminder to keep things in perspective. Thanks for that.
Quote from: gtr2 on June 23, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
Good advice!  Sorry for your loss.  :'(

Josh

Quote from: Stomptown on June 23, 2014, 02:24:42 AM
Sorry for your loss and your advice is sound. Life it definitely too short to forget to laugh, love and live to the fullest. My thoughts are with you brother...
Quote from: Leevibe on June 23, 2014, 01:12:15 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Mike
Thanks for the kind words guys.

pryde

Sorry for your loss indeed.

I just had a close friend take his own life less than 2 weeks ago so I am no stranger to your pain. Hang in there.

pickdropper

Mike, I am really sorry for your loss.  Considering how close you are to the family, I am sure it's rough.  Hang in there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. This has been a rough year for me as far as loss goes also. I have had a lot of people around me die or get really sick. I have been focusing on the time I shared with the and the impact they had on my life and what impact I had on theirs. Keep moving forward and stay busy, its worked for me.

Cody

peAk

Mike, sorry for your loss.

Laugh, love, and live are some fundamental things that we so easily forget to do.

Wish you the best man

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 24, 2014, 04:37:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. This has been a rough year for me as far as loss goes also. I have had a lot of people around me die or get really sick. I have been focusing on the time I shared with the and the impact they had on my life and what impact I had on theirs. Keep moving forward and stay busy, its worked for me.

Cody

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I surely has helped. Keeping busy and focusing on good times has always been my approach. Sound advice Cody, thanks!

das234

Quote from: pryde on June 23, 2014, 01:32:06 PM
Sorry for your loss indeed.

I just had a close friend take his own life less than 2 weeks ago so I am no stranger to your pain. Hang in there.

That's crazy, so did I.  Tragedies like these ought to put things in perspective.

jimilee

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Let me add, are you building pedals instead of spending time with you loved ones? I almost lost my marriage because of things I thought were important. We still have our hobbies, we just try to spend time together when we can, and hobbies in time when we're apart mentally or physically. We're still putting it back together but now we're the road to recovery. Hug your loved ones and put down the soldering iron ,guitar or other distractions when you have the chance to spend time with them. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on June 25, 2014, 05:22:28 AM
Let me add, are you building pedals instead of spending time with you loved ones? I almost lost my marriage because of things I thought were important. We still have our hobbies, we just try to spend time together when we can, and hobbies in time when we're apart mentally or physically. We're still putting it back together but now we're the road to recovery. Hug your loved ones and put down the soldering iron ,guitar or other distractions when you have the chance to spend time with them.

So true! It's easy to get caught up in what we think us important and forget about what truely matters. I too have struggled to find that balance with my hobbies. We recently moved and I started a new career so I haven't had much time for the hobbies lately but this last weekend I  felt myself slipping back into obsession. Your story is a nice reminder that I need to find that balance. Funny how things change yet stay the same; it used to be excessive sex, drugs and rock and roll and now it's pedal building! Regardless, it can have the same affect if you are shutting out your loved ones...

Leevibe

Quote from: jimilee on June 25, 2014, 05:22:28 AM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Let me add, are you building pedals instead of spending time with you loved ones? I almost lost my marriage because of things I thought were important. We still have our hobbies, we just try to spend time together when we can, and hobbies in time when we're apart mentally or physically. We're still putting it back together but now we're the road to recovery. Hug your loved ones and put down the soldering iron ,guitar or other distractions when you have the chance to spend time with them. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

Truly wise words Jimi. I'm glad you're doing the hard work man. Blessings on your marriage.