News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CurrentLover: extreme pitch bend and volume issues

Started by idy, June 23, 2014, 09:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idy

I just built a CurrentLover. It fired up fine and flanges. I have two questions:
1) the modulation seems really deep. At minimum range it is a good half step and at maximum it is an octave(!) Is this normal? Would I get a more mellow range by changing a resistor in the LFO somewhere? R25/R26?

2) I got a pretty extreme volume drop, even with the attached "LPB" circuit. The volume was fine up to the junction of R15/R16/R17. It seems like R 17 and C10 make a low pass filter and cut the volume after the wet and dry are mixed. I tried lifting R17 and taking the output right there (junction of R15/R16) and the problem was gone without using the "LPB" booster stage. Wouldn't that be a likely place to fine-tune the output level and deal with the Mistress' common volume drop complaint?
On my Deluxe EM I put a trimmer on what would be R8 on this schematic, giving a little more gain before the BBD. This wired but is touchy to avoid clipping the delay.

I am noting the resistor values in that final booster are different from an LPB. Is this to give a more moderate gain range?

idy

I should maybe add: I am using mn3007.
My 4013 is a 4013BE, not 4013BCN

Scruffie

There's problems with your build, check all your values for a start, the extreme pitch shift and volume drop could both be caused by that.
Works at Lectric-FX

idy

Thanks Scruffie...
I found a 1k in place of the 10k collector resistor on the booster. And reflowed. It is behaving itself more normally now, the pitch bending is under 1/2 step.