News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Darkside

Started by juansolo, April 18, 2011, 01:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

A bit different on the silver box as we ran out of white paint (and chicken head knobs!). It has all the mods we liked on it (100K vol pot, 470K sustain with 1nF cap) and we've nailed on the diodes we like (1n60a from AMS. They had a higher forward voltage than the ones we sourced in the UK, and it's made all the difference to the amount of gain on tap).

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

masterlk

Dude!! I'm speecheless...the instide of that thing is sweet! Oh, and the outside ain't bad either. Well done. ;D

willis3405

very nice!!! i dig the orange wire  ;D

night-B

k.rock!

:o INCREDIBLE!! Man I fell in love with your wiring haha those orange wires are absolutely amazing!!! Great job man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sgmezei

Beautful Build! I am still re-reading your post about finishing over and over and after seeing this one, shall continue to read it haha.

Awesome!

gtr2

Great wiring!  School is in session!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

JeffdaMaori

Simply superb professional and beautiful!  ::)
With the mods you did you mentioned 1uF cap across sus pot, is that a typo? In previous mod suggestions it called for a 1nF (470pF) there. Also: the resistors across tonepot, are they to bring tonepot to 25k or what have you done there?

Cheers

Andy

tenwatt

If you're knobs were black (volume), grey (tone), red (sustain) that would look HAWT!
Not too bright....

nzCdog

Your wiring is a real treat to see... really nice paintjob too  8)

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

bigmufffuzzwizz

I saw that decal in your tutorial and I knew it would go on this! Looks great inside and out!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

juansolo

Quote from: gobstopper on April 18, 2011, 12:29:20 PM
Simply superb professional and beautiful!  ::)
With the mods you did you mentioned 1uF cap across sus pot, is that a typo? In previous mod suggestions it called for a 1nF (470pF) there. Also: the resistors across tonepot, are they to bring tonepot to 25k or what have you done there?

Cheers

Andy

Spot on, typo on my part. Should be a 1nF (I've corrected the original post) and yes, the resistors are to get the tone pot to 25k and maintain the correct taper.

Zerstorte Zelle

wonderful work. what size box is that?

zz

juansolo

It's an EDDYSTONE CASE 120 X 95 X 34MM  (Hammond).