News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Proper Gahnda Fuzz

Started by timbo_93631, June 27, 2014, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

"Proper Gahnda Fuzz"

A modded Superfuzz on Rutger's board, it has the tone switch replaced with a pot to pan between the two normal Superfuzz voices, and an octave null control, the mods developed by Wattson for the EYF-6.  It also has a rotary switch that selects between 4 progressively midrange and upper midrange centered caps, the stock Superfuzz value, and one fatter cap on the mid scoop filter portion of the tone control.  The acid-etched graphics feature a compilation of characters from Mehran Heard's Proper Gahnda comic strip, he's a pal and I'm a fan.  See some of his wonderful art at eatcho.com

It's in a wedge-cut BLMS 1790 enclosure, big fuzz, big box.
By itself: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/timbo_93631/proper-gahnda-fuzz[/soundcloud]
With a Pudgii and a Long brick Rub-A-Dub:
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

peAk

Man......Tim, you have a really cool style to your pedals. I always instantly know it's yours

Really incredible

gordo

+1 on above.  Plus it's one of those "damn, why am I not that clever" names.  Nicely done.  If you've seen them you'll understand the reference but I think of the fat wiring as "Blue Man Group".
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

Wow. Amazing job! Great work chopping the case and I love how the etch looks. That's really tidy for all the off board wiring too!

lincolnic

Yet another winner, Tim. I gotta build me a Superfuzz one of these days...

selfdestroyer

Love it Tim, Has your fingerprint all over it. I think the mods you did to this makes it 100X more usable. I am definetly going to snag a few of your mods and update my build.

Cody

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on June 28, 2014, 06:01:04 AM
Daaaaaammmmnnnnn

This says it all Tim! Looks and sounds great. Do you have any links to those mods? Also, what method are you using to make the enclosures angled?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Stomptown on June 28, 2014, 06:42:42 AM
Daaaaaammmmnnnnn

This says it all Tim! Looks and sounds great. Do you have any links to those mods? Also, what method are you using to make the enclosures angled?

Stompy, I asked the question about slanted enclosures in another thread and Tim went over his process here.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=15686.msg148038#msg148038

I have yet to try it out but he has offered me a day in his shop to steal err.. see his ideas. lol Hope to take him up on that soon. Hes got the slant down pat.

Cody

timbo_93631

Thanks guys! 
Do you have any links to those mods?
Yeah Jon, the octave and tone mods are from the wattson EFY-6: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23104&p=235358&hilit=wattson#p235358
The rotary has 39n, 47n, 56n, 82n, 100n, and 182n caps for C13 in the schematic linked above.  I also used the Wattson resistor values around Q6 to get some more output from it. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Stomptown

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 28, 2014, 07:02:48 AM
Daaaaaammmmnnnnn

Stompy, I asked the question about slanted enclosures in another thread and Tim went over his process here.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=15686.msg148038#msg148038

I have yet to try it out but he has offered me a day in his shop to steal err.. see his ideas. lol Hope to take him up on that soon. Hes got the slant down pat.

Cody

Thanks for digging that up Cody! I was pretty sure this was already discussed at some point. True DIY method and it sounds doable if you take your time. Now I just need a hacksaw and a tap!

slimtriggers