News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Picture Showcase - post your best pedal work

Started by madbean, June 28, 2014, 03:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Here's a couple of my favorite builds.

Silicon Fuzz Face with 2N5550 transistors.

Maestro FZ-1S from the old GGG layout. I built the box too.

Trill Tremolo

Guy behind Effects Layouts

aeroemi

aeroemi

aeroemi

jimilee

How about a lacesensor doppelgänger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

snarblinge

Generally Lurk only around here, but thought I would lower the expectation level, with some of my Favourite builds so far.

Fuzz face with Ge/Si switched and bias control

Scrambler in home bent (badly) aged steel, and handmade wood ends

a trio of Fuzz faces

Couple of colorsound overdrivers

Uglyface with the lfo, must make another one of these

Echobase, with internal loop (never again)

Custom grunty power supply

nzCdog

love the fuzzface trio snarlblinge!  8) very intrigued about the echobase too... what looper did you add?

snarblinge

Thanks cdog. the loop is in the circuit somewhere, I can't remember where exactly, from memory there are three places you can splice it in, pre, repeats, or post repeats, or somewhere else, It was a big headache, but did work, i think i had to add a buffer and boost also, the inside got a bit cramped, as I refuse to use pcbs mounted pots, preferring my own layout of knobs etc. echobase is is a fun build, but never again with the loop.

EDIT: turns out there is a thread here on how someone else did it, looks pretty similar from memory. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19063.0

nzCdog

Quote from: snarblinge on April 18, 2015, 02:43:32 AM
Thanks cdog. the loop is in the circuit somewhere, I can't remember where exactly, from memory there are three places you can splice it in, pre, repeats, or post repeats, or somewhere else, It was a big headache, but did work, i think i had to add a buffer and boost also, the inside got a bit cramped, as I refuse to use pcbs mounted pots, preferring my own layout of knobs etc. echobase is is a fun build, but never again with the loop.

EDIT: turns out there is a thread here on how someone else did it, looks pretty similar from memory. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19063.0

Oh thats cool!  Thanks for the link :)

lincolnic

I love the look of filling in the negative space to create the "FUZZ" labels...gonna have to try that sometime!

George

I m gonna leave this comment here so i ll get notified when more awesome pedals are posted. Good job everyone

basser_32

Some of these builds are amazing! On some them you can hardly see any wires  :)

Definitely getting some inspiration for future builds

flanagan0718

Here are my favorite 3 from last year.

Madbeans Wolfshirt

Music PCB Echo Base

Jon Patton (Midwayfair's) Hamlet Delay

galaxiex

Wow awesome builds here!

I'm still quite new to pedal building and most of mine just have labelmaker stickers on them.

This was my first attempt at waterslide decal. Took about 6 tries to get it looking like this and still has flaws but
"good enough"

It's a GuitarPCB DSOTM (Dark Side of the Moon) Fuzz.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

George

Quote from: aeroemi on March 26, 2015, 05:29:57 AM
My Zefiro optical Compressor

How do you do the white lettering on those pedals?? Really nice work