News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone seen the mover "Her?"

Started by Beedoola, June 28, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I just saw this today and found it extremely profound. The concept of the movie was very impactful. I think the movie broaches a lot of subjects involving human interaction and thought which the concept and futuristic aspect of the film - and thought it seems futuristic, its very poignant regarding the present.

SmoothAction

Right on! I'm a movie buff and love a good flick, especially ones dealing with our human experience. I will check it out. I think my favorite forum could use a movie thread too!

Last night I crumbled and watched Mega Shark VS Mecha Shark. Lol. It is what you expect, but the production and acting was suprisingly well done. Is 'Her' on Netflix? If not I can find it.

Other recommendations - Cigarette Burns. Horror/Thriller style.
                                      YellowBrickRoad. Tense thriller style.

jtn191

Such a great movie. Really makes us remember what it means to be human and to interact with other humans...who are friends and love interests in this Facebook world? Are they just a +1?

atreidesheir

Quote from: jtn191 on June 29, 2014, 07:42:21 PM
Such a great movie. Really makes us remember what it means to be human and to interact with other humans...who are friends and love interests in this Facebook world? Are they just a +1?
Liked
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

LaceSensor

Yes I saw it and really enjoyed it

If you want to check out another odd but good film with Scarlett Johansson in it, see "Under the Skin"
It was hauntingly excellent.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 01, 2014, 08:21:55 AM
Yes I saw it and really enjoyed it

If you want to check out another odd but good film with Scarlett Johansson in it, see "Under the Skin"
It was hauntingly excellent.

Watched that the other night and I loved it. What was also fun was my wife watched it again last night and I was playing with some synths in Login and was making my own drowned out soundtrack to the movie. I was in a moment... well in my head.

Cody

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on July 02, 2014, 07:51:03 AM
Hold on, this film has Scarlett Johansson in it... /adds to watch list  ;D

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/johansson-photos-change-everything-says-dawkins-201109164314

I know a lot of people saw Under the Skin just because of all the nude scenes of Johansson but... it really is a great movie. Its a very subtle movie with no much dialog and a interesting premise. Definitely recommend it.

Cody

sturgeo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 02, 2014, 08:11:15 AM
I know a lot of people saw Under the Skin just because of all the nude scenes of Johansson but... it really is a great movie. Its a very subtle movie with no much dialog and a interesting premise. Definitely recommend it.

Cody

How did this one sneak under my radar!! I wonder if its on Netflix :-\

LaceSensor

its relatively new release so I doubt it
you can "acquire" it on the internet though