News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag - General Question

Started by madbean, June 29, 2014, 03:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

Quote from: Scruffie on June 29, 2014, 10:08:53 AM
If you go for 4 x 3008/3208 it'd be perfectly simple to just jump 2 of the BBDs if you didn't want to use them so it makes much more sense in the long run for both 08 & 05 users.

+1

nmbb

I have two 3005 waiting for db2. But if made for 4 chips, well, probably as someone said, jumpers will be a solution to keep both 3005 as 3208 owners happy 😺

Matt

Quote from: artstomp on June 29, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on June 29, 2014, 10:08:53 AM
If you go for 4 x 3008/3208 it'd be perfectly simple to just jump 2 of the BBDs if you didn't want to use them so it makes much more sense in the long run for both 08 & 05 users.

+1

In that case I'm in!
Matt

Morgan

Quote from: timbo_93631 on June 29, 2014, 04:00:45 AM
Would the BBD's be individually biased like the 4xMN3008 reissues?  It would be nice to have something like that so people could use a single 3005 and three 3008's, 4x3008's or something if they can't find pairs of 3005's and don't want to mess with daughterboards.
That sounds like a really fun idea - to be able to mix & match!

But yeah, with 3005's getting so scarce, I would think going with 4 chips is a better option.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

sturgeo

4 chips for me for the same reasons listed above. I've been put off the 3005 designed boards due to price and availablility of the chips. If you design the board with more affordable and available chips then I imagine in turn you'll end up selling more boards.

65gmcjnew

another vote for the 4 X 3008/3208
guitar and amp repair by Jeff Newell.. also lead tech at Encore Instrument Repair.  Dayton OH

chordball

I vote for the 4 chip version. I've been anxious for the June release but I'd much rather wait for the 4 chip version.

pickdropper

I think the 4 chip version will make the most sense.

If you already have the 2 chip version designed and verified, maybe a small batch run will sell to folks that have MN3005 chips and then you wouldn't be burdened with keeping an extra SKU in stock.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pietro_moog

i would be interested in the 4 chip version

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dondougie

Quote from: pickdropper on June 29, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
I think the 4 chip version will make the most sense.

If you already have the 2 chip version designed and verified, maybe a small batch run will sell to folks that have MN3005 chips and then you wouldn't be burdened with keeping an extra SKU in stock.

I have 2 3005s, so the 2 chip version would be my choice. A small run of those would be great. I get the appeal of a 4 chip version, but I don't have access to a scope, so the calibration would be a nightmare.

Jopn

I've been eagerly waiting for the next incarnation of the Dirtbag since the end of 2013.  It's definitely the build that I've been anticipating the longest, and honestly check the projects page several times every week to see if there's a new status.

That said, my plan was to use 4 MN3008s with an adapter board, assuming that it was a 2 BBD design.  So as much as I'd like to vote for the more immediate result, I think I'll vote to wait as well.  I'm sure the 4 BBD integrated design will be a much cleaner build than the original project I was envisioning.

TL;DR - 1 vote for 4 BBD design

rullywowr

I have a nice stash of 3008 waiting for just this. I also have the adapter boards but if it was made for 4 chips id be elated.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

I'm working through the layout now. I'll update you guys on the progress. Not to worry-- I won't let this slip by. The Dirtbag is going to happen and soon. But yeah, let's make it the absolute best project we can. Also, I'll be adding a Rate pot for the LFO for an extra modulation control.

jighead81

I got a 3005 stash, but as long as I can use them for the DB3 also, I don't mind waiting a little longer!