News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Generix and the HM2-6q

Started by GrindCustoms, July 01, 2014, 07:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

More Dirt!

I'm currently trying to build every GCFX pedals and have proper demo of each, part of the plan is to also keep those... and have some sort of display/dedicated pedalboard thingy...

First is a PitFighter FuzzStortion

I've lately been liking the Copper/Black hard distressed finish a lot, so i'm repeating myself here.

But in the end it's all about Sean's knobs. 8)

Next is a BendOver, Si ToneBender that works is best with low gain, matched 106hfe 2SC1923, by far my favorite low gainer.

I've used 16mm pots, Attack control is PCB Mounted and i used a C5K instead of the B1K..... in fact i use C5K in most fuzz builts that asks for the latter, broader range of gain setting and max gain will usually be higher.

HM2-6q

The combination of Jer's Swedish Chainsaw pcb and Josh's SixShooter i've built this thing on a headshot earlier today while chatting with Juansolo.....lol!

Both effects are independant with an hardwired FXloop/switching send, so it it can be «broken» in 2 and not be a one trick pony.

I've changed the Low and Hi pot for Reversed instead of Linear on the HM2... the control response is better.

Picstory!

SixShooter is in, but i hooked it to the HM2 3PDT in that picture....meh...

Jacks are all wired, when testing that part of the built that i realised the Eq was not hooked correctly... ...fixed it after.

Guts Complete!

Brutal pedals asks for a brutal finish, first time that i do a distressed splatter... digging it i think...

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

muddyfox

LOVE the splatter! Stunning!

alanp

The finishes say to me, Copperhead Rattlesnake, Dorian Grey, and Kill 'Em All.

Very neat, your pedals are always beautiful :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Stacked boards, splatter finish, death metal... It's all win there!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

derevaun

You make it look so easy. Sweet!

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys!

There's probably a clip to come...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

hoodoo

All look great, as always Rej, that last one definitely says crime scene to me  ;)

chuckbuick

Lookin good, Rej.  I dig the blood splatter finish.

wgc

Sweet stuff, another vote for the splatter
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

davent

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 01, 2014, 07:19:50 AM

That's gorgeous, the tortoise shell knobs are perfect! (and they match my glasses.)

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GrindCustoms

^^ Haha! that's cool, you would need to hold on to your glasse though, this fuzz circuit is very agressive.

blearyeyes

10 controls and only see a couple of wires? Sheesh man.
Great finishes. Love the "crime scene" look. Actually love both of them...
They force me to confront my artistic mediocrity.

selfdestroyer

Dear lord that HM2-6q is stunning. Great idea all together. I am still on the fence about getting a HM2 PCB. Need to listen to more demos.

Cody