News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPBD - None more black

Started by pickdropper, July 02, 2014, 06:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Quote from: pickdropper on July 02, 2014, 09:57:08 PM
I still may do it, but I'll have to be very sure of the pedal order.  :-)

Why not do some kind of set of patterns that all match up on the edges? Then you could move the order without ruining the flow of the pattern.

Is that even possible?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on July 02, 2014, 10:00:59 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on July 02, 2014, 09:57:08 PM
I still may do it, but I'll have to be very sure of the pedal order.  :-)

Why not do some kind of set of patterns that all match up on the edges? Then you could move the order without ruining the flow of the pattern.

Is that even possible?

Probably.

Maybe I'll just do a square shaped board with the patterns from the Hellraiser cube.  If you put the pedals in a certain order, The walls open up.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Willybomb

I agree, s box the width of 2 DDs would be fantastic for a multi build.

But back to the topic:

2/10, would not use.

alanp

A dragon curve fractal, maybe?

Start with a simple, low order one, slowly moving up in complexity until, on the reverb, you're at the limit of what the laser machine can do.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wgc

I had a similar thought about that approach but haven't settled on a board spacing and order, much like you stated earlier.  Easier in one big enclosure but you lose the visual breaks that make things more interesting.

Just for example I could envision a staggered layout or an otherwise non linear setup. Either could be really cool with the right artwork spanning across. A Chinese dragon could be very cool, some interesting things could happen if you had a few that might swap places or perhaps in/out. Like a riot with a more aggressive head vs a zen with a more peaceful head. Super interesting if there is a way to use both as a two headed dragon (or not).

All that aside, I think this none more black board is really well executed and amazing how cohesive the graphics are. Each is different enough to stand on its own but has enough similarity to hang with the group.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

That looks like a prop from a science fiction movie.  :o
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jtn191

love it. stealth mode pedals look great

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on July 03, 2014, 05:18:46 AM
A dragon curve fractal, maybe?

Start with a simple, low order one, slowly moving up in complexity until, on the reverb, you're at the limit of what the laser machine can do.

Not a bad suggestion, really.  Probably look better than a Mandelbrot.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

I have no superlatives superlative enough...hmmm... it's good Dave, yeah, it's good... even better then good...

A pleasure to behold, thanks Dave!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website