News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vox AC30 amplug

Started by menamestom, April 20, 2011, 04:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

menamestom

Okay, sounds like an odd request but these sound really good, the only problem being noise and not enough clean volume.

So I'm thinking if one could be cloned with proper components (as opposed to the surface mount in the real thing) it woukld sound pretty good.  It would be in a small hammond enclosure with a normal jack input and output plus a headphone out.  It would be wired so a footswitch could have it bypassed or have the effect to the jack output and headphone amp. 

It could be used in these ways:-

Mounted on pedalboard, as a silent practise tool, just plug your headphones into the headphone out and have access to all your effects silently.

Mounted on pedalboard, main output to PA, for emulated amp tones if your amp breaks down

To your amp, as an AC30 flavoured stompbox (it could have an extra output without the speaker simulation)

Obviously you could just get a pocket pod or the like but it would be nice to have an analog option in a case that can always be mounted to your board and take 9v power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmkzTzXN7GE

night-B

Sounds like it will be hard to build it as tiny as the original and cheaper.
Maybe someone will take the challenge ?
I think madbean will release a vox night train stompbox BTW

menamestom

It doesn't have to be either.  I'd pay a bit more for a more robust case and better headroom and it could be quite a bit bigger in pedal form....

k.rock!

This is very interesting...I wonder how does it compare to the English Channel pedal on runoffgroove.com...
I'd say a clone of this is doable since it's 100% analog according to the product description...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jtn191

the Tech 21 Liverpool would also be a contender  :P