News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Problem adding a "Vx" reference point to an opamp in Eagle

Started by Blues Healer, July 07, 2014, 09:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Healer

I'm tracing a circuit in Eagle.

I'm having a problem adding a "Vx" reference point to an opamp - it's part a of a dual opamp.

When I "add" the part from the library, the preview shows pins 4 and 8, but when I put it in the schematic, those pins don't show. So, I can't add either the "Va" to pin 8, or the GND to pin 4, as the schematic calls for. I can draw those parts, but without the pins, the connections aren't reflected on the board.

Am I using a wrong part, a wrong method, or what?

I've added "Vb" successfully to another part of the circuit.
I've also successfully added a "Vx" to an opamp in another circuit, since the inserted part displayed the pins, so I'm a little stumped.

thanks in advance, and in addition, I'll continue my search for an answer

"music heals"

sturgeo

You need to use the invoke tool, select the IC you want and it'll add pins 4 and 8 separately.

twin1965

You should get the power pins after the third mouse click (when using the dual package).

If not then use the invoke tool as sturgeo suggested.

Blues Healer

You guys are awesome!

thanks so much - I spent at least an hour last night searching for an answer, both in Eagle's help file, and using The Google ... then spent some more time this morning searching for an answer here.
"music heals"

blearyeyes

There is an Eagle sub forum around here somewhere.... Might get faster replies..