News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wire Stripping Tool?

Started by thetrend77, April 20, 2011, 03:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

I'm looking to buy a wire stripping tool. Anyone have any suggestions? If it's available at amazon, that's a plus since I'll be ordering other things from there soon.

I was looking at these, but it just seems a bit on the expensive side for what it is (unless that's a good price, then ignore my remarks lol): http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Industrial-2078300-Self-Adjusting-Stripper/dp/B000OQ21CA/ref=sr_1_1?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1303337828&sr=1-1

CRBMoA

Currently $5.99 at Rat Shack. I bought mine on sale for $2.00.

jkokura

I've tried the automatic strippers - don't do it - they are great for big wires, not good for the small wires we use.

Get a good set of small hand strippers, the ones with little holes that give you a choice of what size wire you're using. That's all you'll ever need. The big automatic ones are a waste of time.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

thetrend77

Quote from: jkokura on April 20, 2011, 03:25:09 PM
I've tried the automatic strippers - don't do it - they are great for big wires, not good for the small wires we use.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Industrial-2078317-Stripper-ProTouch/dp/B000JNLUN4/ref=sr_1_4?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1303337828&sr=1-4

thetrend77

Oh nevermind, that last one I linked only goes down to 20 gauge. The wire I use is 24 gauge.

Haberdasher

I picked up a pair of Klein Tools strippers at Lowe's Home Depot for about $17 and so far they are a dream compared to my old strippers.  The pair I bought does stranded wires from 22 to 32 awg.

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimmybjj

I got these and they work GREAT on smallbear wire. They don't work at all on teflon wire. They really do save alot of time and work really well but only get them if you don't use teflon wire.

http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Tools-Ultimate-Self-Adjusting-Stripper/dp/B000IYTCG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1303343413&sr=8-1
Pcbs no longer available

thetrend77

Quote from: Haberdasher on April 20, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
I picked up a pair of Klein Tools strippers at Lowe's Home Depot for about $17 and so far they are a dream compared to my old strippers.  The pair I bought does stranded wires from 22 to 32 awg.

I decided to go with these. I have a couple of other Klein tools and they are awesome, so I figured I'd stick with what I know lol

bigmufffuzzwizz

Woah 32 guage. Those are nice strippers!  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 20, 2011, 09:52:15 PM
Those are nice strippers!  ;D

that's what he said...

hahah sorry, i've been watching The Office too much lately
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com