News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The 4-servo telecaster

Started by jubal81, July 09, 2014, 03:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Saw this on Reddit and it's just outstanding how he made his own pedal-controlled, 4-servo bending telecaster.

Here's a link to the build photos

[/font]
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

irmcdermott

Probably the coolest thing that i've seen in a long time.

Consider my faith in the human race restored.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

That's cool in a lot of ways. It has its own sound. Different than a mechanical bender. The guy is no slouch of a player either.

jubal81

Quote from: Leevibe on July 09, 2014, 05:46:23 AM
That's cool in a lot of ways. It has its own sound. Different than a mechanical bender. The guy is no slouch of a player either.

Yeah, I've watched it a few times. I could sit and listen to him do that for hours.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Tremster

juansolo

That is most impressive all round. Fabulous stuff!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

muddyfox

Now, a six string version...?

uke version?   ;D

Droogie

Took me a second to place the first tune: Polka Dots and Moonbeams. Part of a tradition of sophisticated country tele pickers. Great stuff, and thanks for sharing that!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

brejna

Love it!! People really have crazy ideas :D

jkokura

Brilliant. Bloody amazing what inventors come up with. Partner it with great musicality and you've got something magical.

Now, let's figure out how he did it so we can see if we can do it too!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Guitafuzz

Very impressive, Now imagine if this could be wireless

electrosonic

I love this. I always wanted a B bender, but this is so much cooler.   Even a one or two servo version would be great. This would make a great commercial product - probably beyond the abilities of most DIYers  as it requires multiple skill sets.  Electronics, programming and mechanics.

Andrew.

GrindCustoms

:o

I have a box full of servo and programmable controllers, mounting brackets... from my Nitro R/C days... that is something really cool to think about.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/