News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One - first build

Started by arthurc, July 13, 2014, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthurc

This was my first non-kit pedal build, the Harbinger one, so be gentle, it was a fun learning experience. As you can see from the picture the artwork didn't turn out too well but I decided to leave it as a reminder what not to do next time. The led above the footswitch is slightly off from the drill "dancing" out of the punch mark. I used a inkjet dark t-shirt transfer...lesson learned, don't overheat, the image shrank and distorted.

On a positive note, when I powered up the board it worked the first time. I'm still thinking of changing one of the resistors to get more effect. I don't have it dialed in yet but it sounds much better than the neovibe I have.

I'm ordering another Harbinger board to build one for a friend of mine. Thanks to everyone for the great tech advise and thank you madbean for an excellant circuit board. The BOM for Mouser that was shared made ordering the parts a breeze. Now if I can just figure out a better way of finishing the enclosures......I see everyone elses amazing builds on this site, I'm sure mine will look better with time.

Thanks for looking.

Yes I realize Jimi has been done and it wasnt the most original thing to do but I couldn't resist.

madbean

Good work, mang. That is a difficult build and you did it as your first non-kit..impressive. We'll be expecting great things from you in the future :).

jimilee

Wow, that's awe is e especially for a first, but....no guys no glory. 8-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

arthurc

Thanks guys, again, this is an awesome site, glad I found it!

midwayfair

Great job! You tackled a build that has frustrated even veteran builders. :)

SmoothAction

If you've got the balls to wrangle this in as your first build, with cool artwork to boot, we certainly look forward to seeing what you bring in the future! Looks great!

Welcome to the coolest hobby on the planet.

As I see it, we all liked to play with toy cars as youngsters. Some of us like to build model cars from scratch. You just built a level 3 model 59' Mustang, not an easy feat.

You know we want to see the engine though, guts guts guts!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bcalla

Wow!  You swung for the bleachers - and connected!  On your first at-bat, no less.

Leevibe

You set the bar high for your second build! Great job.  Can't wait to see what's next.

selfdestroyer

Wow, awesome job. Love the art work on that thing. Don't be shy, give us an up skirt shot of the pedal.

Cody

rullywowr

A very impressive first build!  That project is pretty complicated but you seemed to nail it out of the park.  Of course, as mentioned, a gut shot inside would be cool to see.  :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

twin1965

Very nice build. Not an easy one to do. And don't worry, Jimi always looks cool on pedals :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2