News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

YADD

Started by pickdropper, July 14, 2014, 05:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Yet Another Dirtbag Deluxe.

This was sort of a salvage job build.  I wanted a test pedal for BBD chips, but didn't want to deal with taking my main one of my pedal board.  I bought a populated PCB from Mike B. a while back (I don't believe he built it either, though).  I swapped out the Tayda caps and cleaned up the board a bit and it was ready to rock.  I had an extra 125BB, so I etched that.  It would've fit in a 1590bb, but I wanted to use the extra box I had.  Right now, it's got MN3008's in there, but I'll eventually put MN3005s in there....maybe.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Perfection! How I wish I had a Laser Engraver.

midwayfair

QuoteYet Another

... dude, you can't use that for a dirtbag ...  >:(

Great looking build as always. :)

Leevibe

Holy smokes that looks flawless.

Bufferz

affiliations: TFX

gordo

Wow, Mathews himself would be proud of that one.  Is the retrofit of the Tayda caps a personal thing or is there an audible difference?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: gordo on July 14, 2014, 04:19:21 PM
Wow, Mathews himself would be proud of that one.  Is the retrofit of the Tayda caps a personal thing or is there an audible difference?

A personal thing more than anything.  While I don't trust the reliability of their electrolytic caps, the film caps are reliable enough; I just don't care for them.  Some of them were a bit crooked as well, so I fixed that.
Function f(x)

jubal81

Damn sexy, sir. Wowsa.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Face melt!

Ridiculously cool. I love the detail, even down to the "ever so slightly" poking out LEDs.

Cody

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 15, 2014, 12:27:32 AM
Face melt!

Ridiculously cool. I love the detail, even down to the "ever so slightly" poking out LEDs.

Cody

Yeah, I liked it better with the LEDs just poking out, so I made some acrylic spacers to mount the LEDs.  You can see one of them in the gutshot, it's that black ring.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks.
Function f(x)