News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CAYA Chorus (Small Clone)

Started by twin1965, July 13, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twin1965

Small Clone using my PCB design. Added the obligatory mods: depth pot and rate led.

Everything just fits in this CamdenBoss enclosure. Had to use Lumberg style sockets. Both jacks and DC. Otherwise I'd have to go up to an 125B enclosure.

I will probably change the knobs. I'm waiting for an order to arrive then I'll compare them to these.

I was supposed to have used a Fresnel for the bypass LED but I was overzealous with my drilling  :(

I used a clear adhesive label, instead of decal paper, for the first time. It's easier to work with than decal but you only have one chance to lay it on the enclosure! If you get your alignment wrong you'll have to rip it off, clean the glue off and start again with a new label.

I sprayed it with a few coats of Rust-Oleum Polyurethane Finish and left it to dry under the British sun (it only appears a few times a year so I had to be quick!!!)

This now has a permanent spot on my pedal board  :)

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

Nice job inside and out! And I'll say it again; that layout is slick!  :o

twin1965

Thanks guys. Quite happy how this one turned out. I wasn't a chorus fan until I played through this. The depth pot makes it quite versatile.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Stomptown

Quote from: twin1965 on July 13, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
The depth pot makes it quite versatile.

It is definitely different than the Boss CE-2.  The rate control on the CE-2 is much smoother and does not get so crazy and hokey on the max settings. However, it does sound really cool with the rate on max with the depth pot set low so I agree about the versatality of this one. You can get some of the nice sounds of the CE-2 with a little extra for those looking for something more unique and off the wall.

rullywowr

Excellent work, and that layout is killer.  Bet it sounds awesome! 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

brucer

Nice build.  Cool graphic.  I haven't seen anything like that before.  And ... NOW I KNOW WHAT "CAYA" STANDS FOR!  Really, I didn't get it before (and I bought one of the PCB's ... partly 'cause I like KC's use of same :-[).

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

twin1965

I like the sound of that intro. Drop D tuning and this chorus.....

It's a great song.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2