News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590BB drill template for 2 in, 2 out?

Started by mcallisterra, July 14, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

Does anyone have a drill template for a 1590BB (or more specifically a PPP 1590NS if they aren't identical?) that features the following:
- 4 knobs
- 1 footswitch
- 1 5mm LED bezel
- 2 inputs on the right and 2 outputs on the left
- DC jack on the north side

I am not so talented with computer graphics programs and some of the templates I've seen here have been great!

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!  :)

jimilee

Lay the components on the top and mark it. This works for me when there is no template. Just do the inputs / outputs  and DC jack last after you get the pots on and mounted in the enclosure. DIY baby!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mcallisterra

Quote from: jimilee on July 14, 2014, 03:28:04 PM
Lay the components on the top and mark it. This works for me when there is no template. Just do the inputs / outputs  and DC jack last after you get the pots on and mounted in the enclosure. DIY baby!

Sorry, I should have explained better in my first post. I don't currently have the enclosure, nor a drill press, so I wanted to order a pre-drilled one from Pedal Parts Plus. The only thing is they require a drill template before they will drill one for you, and since I couldn't find any styles there with 2 ins and 2 outs, I thought I'd check here. I've seen people whip up really good drill templates so I was asking to see if anyone was able!

flanagan0718

vertical or horizontal?
you could try something like this

Print it up cut it up and take measurements then sent to PPP

mcallisterra

I was thinking vertical - the two PCBs aren't going to be that big in there (Zero Point Micro and JMK Panner). That PDF is cool, thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

flanagan0718

Here is what I came up with, hope it works.

mcallisterra

That is awesome! Thanks!

This place is great - everyone is super helpful.  :D

flanagan0718

Great Glad it worked. I just used MS Paint BTW  ;)

mcallisterra

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 15, 2014, 07:58:27 AM
Great Glad it worked. I just used MS Paint BTW  ;)

Yea that's great to have that PDF to start with. All PPP needs is distances from the enclosure edges for each hole so that should work great.

davent

If that template were available in a PDF you could open it in Inkscape and be able to manipulate the various elements and create the layout using the software rather then paper and scissors. Plus getting familiar with Inkscape gives you a great tool for creating any desired graphics for your boxes.

Geofex has a 'bb', pdf template that you can do that with.

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/hmbbtpt.pdf
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: mcallisterra on July 15, 2014, 05:37:43 AM
Quote from: jimilee on July 14, 2014, 03:28:04 PM

Sorry, I should have explained better in my first post. I don't currently have the enclosure, nor a drill press, so I wanted to order a pre-drilled one from Pedal Parts Plus. The only thing is they require a drill template before they will drill one for you, and since I couldn't find any styles there with 2 ins and 2 outs, I thought I'd check here. I've seen people whip up really good drill templates so I was asking to see if anyone was able!
Oooohhhh ok
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.