News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you working on

Started by arthurc, July 16, 2014, 04:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twin1965

Clear coating my V Fuzz enclosure and hopefully boxing it up.

Bread boarding a delay with four BL3208's (if they get delivered) and most probably spending hours trying to find out why it doesn't work :-\

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on July 16, 2014, 06:45:27 PM
Another swah and a sharkfin, maybe an electric boogaloo
Is the S-wah from GPCB? If so are they cool?

teknoman2

Finally finished designing the pcb layout of
an analog delay similar to aquaboy DLX without any modulation using 4 mn3008 (any 2048 stage delay chip) for 550ms.
It was one of the most challening pcb designs ever.. ;)

flanagan0718

Quote from: bcalla on July 16, 2014, 09:40:43 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on July 16, 2014, 06:30:58 PM

If USPS cooperates, I'll be verifying another JFET OD.

UPS just lost my PPP order.  I needed a few enclosures to move forward on some builds.  This could take a while to sort out.

Hey man, I work in Beverly and drive through your neck of the woods daily. If you need an enclosure I might be able to help you out.

bcalla

Thanks, neighbor!  But I ordered 3 painted enclosures - 2 1590DDs & a 1790NS.

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 17, 2014, 05:05:29 AM
Quote from: jimilee on July 16, 2014, 06:45:27 PM
Another swah and a sharkfin, maybe an electric boogaloo
Is the S-wah from GPCB? If so are they cool?
Yep. I've built one, and bought several boards, but I keep selling them. I found a board in my stash I didn't even realize I had. They are very cool indeed.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: bcalla on July 17, 2014, 06:16:19 AM
Thanks, neighbor!  But I ordered 3 painted enclosures - 2 1590DDs & a 1790NS.
Oh yeah I don't have any of those but if you need anything in the future, let me know.

culturejam

Quote from: teknoman2 on July 17, 2014, 05:05:42 AM
Finally finished designing the pcb layout of
an analog delay similar to aquaboy DLX without any modulation using 4 mn3008 (any 2048 stage delay chip) for 550ms.

If the layout works, I'll be happy to buy a board.  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

teknoman2

I ve sent the design to the fab,
hoppefully in a couple of weeks I will have it in my hands.
I will let you know when they arrived.

I think mods or add-ons in modulation effects is one of the nicest path on the pedal building.
The chance to hit a wall by error is very high but when you finally made it, the feeling is something that you can't describe....

rullywowr

Lots of stuff on the bench.  Good times.  So much soldering lately that my tip on the iron needs replacing...switched to another stubby backup and have a new ETS on order for the Weller WESD51.

Shoot the Moon Tremolo Build (Orange clear LED works the best so far for max tremoloness) - need to box
Verified my layout for JuanSolo's "SuperJudge" PCB - sweet
"DistDeucer" Distortion II - Need to verify
"The Fuzz and the Damage Done" CrazyHorse clone - Need to Verify
Finishing up firmware for new "NoPop" and "NoPop" Mini relay bypass switchers - 99.9% there
Verified my "Model B" PCB - Based on Jack Orman's Deuce Coupe
Tap Tempo Tremolo - Using Sabrotone Chip, need to verify
"The Myth" A Klone PCB for 1590BB - Verified, making some tweaks
"Bodega" Barbershop Clone

Upgrading my stash of film caps to Panasonic ECQ-B, getting some parts organized, etc. 

And more...

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jubal81

Quote from: rullywowr on July 17, 2014, 07:52:52 AM
Lots of stuff on the bench.  Good times.  So much soldering lately that my tip on the iron needs replacing...switched to another stubby backup and have a new ETS on order for the Weller WESD51.

Shoot the Moon Tremolo Build (Orange clear LED works the best so far for max tremoloness) - need to box
Verified my layout for JuanSolo's "SuperJudge" PCB - sweet
"DistDeucer" Distortion II - Need to verify
"The Fuzz and the Damage Done" CrazyHorse clone - Need to Verify
Finishing up firmware for new "NoPop" and "NoPop" Mini relay bypass switchers - 99.9% there
Verified my "Model B" PCB - Based on Jack Orman's Deuce Coupe
Tap Tempo Tremolo - Using Sabrotone Chip, need to verify
"The Myth" A Klone PCB for 1590BB - Verified, making some tweaks
"Bodega" Barbershop Clone

Upgrading my stash of film caps to Panasonic ECQ-B, getting some parts organized, etc. 

And more...

Daaaaamn, Rully. Wants!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

I'll be crossing something from my bucket list.

As you may know I'm a bit of a car nut and I like to drive. We'll I've always wanted to do the Alpine passes and a pair of us have finally decided to bite the bullet and go on a road trip.

Lad I'm going with was recently separated and has decided to do a load of things he always wanted to. So last year he went on the mother of all safaris, this year he took a load of money from the house sale and bought an Aston Martin. He doesn't know if he'll still have it next year (and indeed I don't know if I'll still have the Porsche), so we've bitten the bullet and arranged a 10 day driving holiday.

We've dragged along a couple more mates as navigators (our route is ambitious to say the least). Bearing in mind that all three of the others are keen amateur photographers, expect me to bore you all senseless with my holiday snaps when we're back. Though we're also taking at least one drone along with us also so that could be interesting for some footage of driving up mountains!

So if you're en-route (France-Germany-Austria-Switzerland-Italy) and see a group of grey haired Englishmen noisily bimbling around some back roads, say hi!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

That sounds like a blast, John. Looking forward to seeing those snaps.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Quote from: rullywowr on July 17, 2014, 07:52:52 AM

Orange LED and Tayda LDR work really well in there. Then there are the Rej mods, and I quote:

C250K pot for speed.
B500K wave (instead of switch)

Also before the depth pot
there's a 330R or 470R resistor i believe
socket that place first
depending of the LDR...

and if you have 6u8 caps
go for it instead of 10uf timing
Fasssssttttter!
with the C250K and reduced timing cap
it's plain killer
super slow speed and super high speed

It's all good! We did all that for the one in the Alice (vol is inside on a trimmer) and it's super choppy if you need it to be.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Droogie

I'm working on the ? Flanger. Resistors and tranny sockets popped—next up: caps and vactrols...
Then wire—fields and fields of wire.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric