News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you working on

Started by arthurc, July 16, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on July 17, 2014, 03:52:29 PM
We've found that Tayda LDRs favour orange & red LEDs. I think we used an orange on the STM2 and a red on the Machette. Both 5mm diffuse ones and roll-your-own stylie in black heat shrink.

Rapid LDRs like green LEDs.

I find the Tayda LDR to be «special», in some circuits like Trems, orange, yellow or red will all do a similar job. Red being the most choppy and yellow having the smoothest «wave ends».

If you move onto the optical phaser with 6 LDR driven stage, the more linear is the response of the LED the more uniform the wave will be. If you have irregullarity you'll just amplify it as you add stages.

Never really messed with using green LED so far, in think it's what i'm the most enthusiatic about the DoppleGanger built...hehe.

End of derail!

I just finished populating these....

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

LaceSensor

Quote from: blearyeyes on July 18, 2014, 01:19:25 AM

Trouble shooting Lace's DoubelGanger. It's  been a PITA so far but haven't had enough time to relax and get into the hyper focus zone. The off-board wiring is a bit convoluted.

What isnt clear?

blearyeyes

I have a post over in tech support, just some really strange behavior I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alanp

Just ordered my first kit ever (apart from amps). Chiefly because I don't want to do the flying pot wire thing for my Klee boards.

So I've ordered nv's Eurorack panel+PCB set from Synthcube, went for the full kit so I didn't have to track down whatever special jacks it uses (or pushbutton switches.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

The 60bin racks are on sale at Canadian Tire, emptied them!!!! They only had 2 in stock... shame.

One day... ... i'll get all my stash out of boxes and have it sorted, P-Touch Time! ;D

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

I need to get a p-touch... the oldschool dymo looks cool, but the natural curve of the material can make it troublesome when it's on soft plastic that it doesn't adhere to very well.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

playpunk

I built a new workbench this weekend... Does that count?

"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

Quote from: playpunk on July 20, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
I built a new workbench this weekend... Does that count?

Show the pics!

playpunk

I have a closet to work with, and this is my solution. This also holds all of my tools, my bike tools, and will hold my guitars too.

Leevibe

Hey that looks great! I work in a closet too, but it's a little bigger than that. You've got helpers too. What could be better?

das234

Just finished this little cabinet.  1x12 Eminence CV75 inside.  I let the kids pick the covering and grill cloth.  I never built a speaker cabinet before so I'm happy it came out nice.

catfud

Rocking my newly populated wolfshirt with different diodes and trannies, and boxing my fatpants.

jubal81

Quote from: das234 on July 20, 2014, 03:50:15 PM
Just finished this little cabinet.  1x12 Eminence CV75 inside.  I let the kids pick the covering and grill cloth.  I never built a speaker cabinet before so I'm happy it came out nice.

That's a real beauty! Great work.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

playpunk

I have no idea why that Picture is upside down... Yes it's a big closet, and I'm lucky my wife lets me use it.