Started by selfdestroyer, July 17, 2014, 06:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Your etches are looking so good Cody.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Chi_Boy

Cody,

Your etches always look fantastic, as does this one.  I'm learning, and have done only 2, but I have been getting a lot of pitting in the masked areas and I think I am simply trying to etch too deep.  Do you know how deep yours are?  I hit mine with my caliper that has the depth measure and it came up as 0.19mm. 

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Chi_Boy on July 23, 2014, 07:29:49 PM
Cody,

Your etches always look fantastic, as does this one.  I'm learning, and have done only 2, but I have been getting a lot of pitting in the masked areas and I think I am simply trying to etch too deep.  Do you know how deep yours are?  I hit mine with my caliper that has the depth measure and it came up as 0.19mm.

I will definitely pay more attention to my next etch this weekend and report back to you. I do know that my etches are not very deep. I want to try an etch like Globs does his and see if I can pull off a really deep etch. Are you agitating the enclosure in the Ferric chloride solution? I used to get pitting when I just dunked the enclosure in and left it in there. When I started to do the constant "up and down" dunking that cleared up. Hope this helps.

Cody