News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOMs for Mauser

Started by arthurc, July 17, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthurc

Building boards from this site has always been such a breeze with shared BOMs for Mauser and links to products on other sites such as little bear.

Having said that, I can't find BOM for the following boards ive ordered: Pork Barrel, Collosalus, DeadRinger 2 and Pasty Face.

Any of you wise gentelmen have this squirreled away somplace? Pleas share if you ave them, I would greatley appreciate it!!!!

ArthurC

selfdestroyer

This is really a joint effort thing by members and there is no one really "in charge" of doing this. I suggest you look at the BOMs that do exist for Mouser and make yourself a list of "standard" parts, like resistors and caps. Make your own BOM at Mouser and share it with the community like others have done before.

Believe me, you will learn a lot just by learning how to properly maneuver through Mouser's site.

Just a thought and I do not mean any disrespect.

Cody

arthurc

Thanks Cody, well said & I agree.

Blues Healer

If you've used the existing BOMs, you'll notice that there are a handful of components that are used consistently from one project to the next.
These are:

• Resistors - metal film, 1/4 watt
  • Capacitors - metal film, box or "chicklet" (panasonics); electrolytic, radial style; and ceramic
  • diodes
Those will make up the majority of components on the pcb. Brian is pretty good about documenting any unusual components for a particular build, and often provides links.
So, using previous orders, just build your own list using the same type of parts. If you need new values of the same type part, pay attention to the lead spacing, and sort accordingly. If you have the pcb, you can refer to that to confirm you have the right size. Electrolytics especially vary a lot, depending on the value and power rating.

I find it handy to save orders as a project, and give the project a logical name for future reference. You can also use that feature to save a list of particular components.

You may find that you need to convert values, especially with capacitors. A handy, free tool for this is Electronic Assistant:
http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/

One other thing: if you plan to build more projects, pay attention to price breaks. It often makes sense to order 10 of something you will use again.
"music heals"