News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

20k bias trimpot question

Started by roark, August 23, 2014, 04:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roark

Assembling a Mangler this afternoon -the trimpot I bought doesn't exactly line up with the holes in the PCB. Did I buy the wrong one, or do I need to bend the wires to fit? Does it really matter which wires go in the three holes? Thanks! 2nd post/question in an hour - appreciate the help/patience!

Govmnt_Lacky

It would help to know what pot you bought and what pot is called for. Part numbers....??

If it is a trimmer pot, the only post you need to be sure is correct is the WIPER post. That one MUST go to the correct spot.

Blues Healer

I think the real part should be a 3362"P".
open the data sheet from the link you provided for your part, and compare the orientation between the two parts. basically, you just need the middle pin to be ... in the middle. you should be able to get your part to fit, although those pins are kinda short and stiff -- be careful, especially if you just have one!

as pointed out above, the main thing is to get the middle pin correct: since it's a variable resistor, it will work either way to find the 4.5v bias point. it's just good practice to put it in correctly
"music heals"

roark

Took a little bit to get back to this ... thank you for the help! I'll see if I can get it in there without mangling it ... well... it's going in a mangler, so it WILL get mangled one way or another!  :P