News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!

Started by Jabulani Jonny, July 21, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

I've been a little out of pocket recently as I've taken some time away from building to actually, you know, play guitar and do some reading.

I recently called a buddy of mine looking for a Les Paul, since I've never owned one. He had several, but most were collectables and out of my price range. In the midst of us talking he brought out a Melancon P90 Artist which I pretty much immediately fell in love with.

The neck is really nice and this thing plays like a dream. He let me take it home, along with the LP, to try out. Needless to say, I broke the news to him that he's not getting the Melancon back.  It's number 283, dating to somewhere in '99-00.

What a great axe. There's a mini-toggle to run the p90's either split/parallel/series. Makes for a wide variety of tones.

Alas, buying this one means I have to sell my custom G&L Comanche which is also a great axe. I've got it up on the bay here, if you're interested:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/231287613075

Pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

flanagan0718

Sexy ;) Welcome back!

midwayfair

P90s with two sets of poles?

Looks awesome and sounds like it would be lots of fun to play.

pickdropper

Very nice.  I've always wanted to try a Melancon but have never come across one in person.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: midwayfair on July 21, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
P90s with two sets of poles?

I know right?  I actually emailed the luthier, Gerard Melancon and he cleared it up.  They're Dimarzio p90's, probably their Vintage P90 series.  Great sounding pups by the way. 
Jonathan

wgc

Wow, that's a top!   Looks really comfy- congrats & enjoy!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Sharp looking guitar and I too am very interested in those pickups. Looks like a fun guitar for sure.

Cody