News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Started by GrindCustoms, July 17, 2014, 04:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 17, 2014, 09:57:16 PM
Quote from: juansolo on July 17, 2014, 09:50:11 PM
Impressed you used two stomps in the B, I knew it'd go in there, but never imagined you'd dual stomp it!  8)

Really glad that we've made that project happen! High Five Bro! ;D

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

lincolnic

Rej, did you have to use enclosed jacks to get it in a 1590B? I was thinking about putting mine in that size enclosure when the PCBs come in.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: lincolnic on July 18, 2014, 03:18:47 PM
Rej, did you have to use enclosed jacks to get it in a 1590B? I was thinking about putting mine in that size enclosure when the PCBs come in.

Yup!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

Good to know, thanks!

chordball

Quote from: juansolo on July 17, 2014, 05:12:06 PM
If it's the stuff I sent him. it's some long out of production stuff I got from someone on this board (he hasn't any left, I asked). It's bloody marvelous. The only stuff I've found that seems close on specs is some Spectrastrip stuff that's staggeringly expensive (like knocking on £100 expensive...).

I really loved that stuff too! Do you happen to know the specs on the wire or something comparable?

hylandren

As convincingly great as your relic'd paint enclosures are, THIS look is one of my favorites by anybody.
It looks extremely labor intensive though, like you spend hours on it with a grinder...

GrindCustoms

Quote from: hylandren on July 21, 2014, 06:43:58 PM
As convincingly great as your relic'd paint enclosures are, THIS look is one of my favorites by anybody.
It looks extremely labor intensive though, like you spend hours on it with a grinder...

Thanks! I do these «grind worn» finishes with a Dremel w/Metal cutting wheel... it takes around 5 minutes per enclosure... i'll be attempting a 1590DD pretty soon for a personnal multi, pretty sure it will worn out a whole blade.

For those interested in this.... with 1 blade i can do either, 5x 1590A, 3x 1590B, 2x 1590BB.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/