News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kleine Wire Strippers (How long do yours last?)

Started by upthepunxxx, July 23, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthepunxxx

Weird right? They were by no means really expensive, but they were definitely a price point or 2 above basic adjustable radio shack strippers. About a year is when I started to notice the trouble they started giving me. I was cautious to post about it cause it seemed silly, but apparently Im not the only one. Now I need to decide whether to buy some of these Stripmasters or submit to my laziness and ride these things till the handles fall off...

Quote from: muddyfox on July 25, 2014, 05:05:56 AM
Funny you should mention it. I have 11057 (not 11055) and lately I've been noticing that it doesn't strip as easily as it used to. It's only a year old and I don't build a lot so it really should hold up better, methinks?

Now, this Stripmaster... I see it's 10-22, does it work on Barry's wire that's rated at 24?

EDIT: OK, I see they also have all sorts of versions. Which one do you guys use?
Wake up and smell the noise!!

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on July 25, 2014, 02:46:48 PM
huh... i never would have figured to look there, the best i found so far is $32 plus $45 shipping to europe. even if it is kinda bulky an heavy, $45 is ridiculous.

$32 is reasonable for the strippers, but $45 is insane.  Have you checked eBay?  The last set I got from there was new and considerably less than that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Haberdasher

my klein 11057 seem as sharp as the day i bought them 3 or 4 years ago.  i'm having no problems whatsoever.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

upthepunxxx

It's still extremely possible that I either got a dud or I simply don't have a decent technique down.

Quote from: Haberdasher on July 25, 2014, 04:43:43 PM
my klein 11057 seem as sharp as the day i bought them 3 or 4 years ago.  i'm having no problems whatsoever.

upthepunxxx

More than likely the latter  :-[

Quote from: upthepunxxx on July 25, 2014, 06:46:28 PM
It's still extremely possible that I either got a dud or I simply don't have a decent technique down.

Quote from: Haberdasher on July 25, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

muddyfox

Quote from: pickdropper on July 25, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

$32 is reasonable for the strippers, but $45 is insane.  Have you checked eBay?  The last set I got from there was new and considerably less than that.

that was the first place i looked, :)
no dice, the cheaper ones dont ship inernationally and the ones that do charge a kidney for it.
not to mention that many us online stores have a $150 or a $200 or a $300 order minimum for intl orders.
ill keep looking...