News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap Tmpo Phaser!!!

Started by jimilee, July 27, 2014, 02:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ThePastRecedes

IIRC it uses an attiny85, you can get them from tayda for ~$2. You'll just need to programme it yourself.

He has the code on his site. I've had a look through it because I'm working on my on tap tempo phaser project... well I've been working on for well over a year and haven't got anywhere 'cause I keep getting distracted with other pedals...

Or you can buy it from here: http://www.sabrotone.com/?shopp_product=tap-tempo-lfo-v2-micro-controller-2
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

rullywowr

I've also been working on a PCB for the Sabrotone Tap Tempo Trem which uses the same LFO. Still working out the kinks with the software. Harold has pin 1 (normally the reset pin) working as external tap. This makes it a pain to program.   Working on the code to disable that feature.

Anyway if anyone is looking to work with the attiny85- I have a PCB and a kit available on my site which makes it a breeze to program these tiny chips. The kit includes an ATtiny85. You just need a programmer such as the USBtinyISP which runs about 9 bucks on ebay to get started.

trem board works but just dialing in the chip. here is my proto build.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

ThePastRecedes

there's also the tap tempo tremolo built by david rolo using the taplfo chip
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

micromegas

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on July 27, 2014, 05:11:24 AM
Rolo has built a tap tempo phaser too.. and it sounds awesome.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: micromegas on July 27, 2014, 08:06:16 PM
Quote from: ThePastRecedes on July 27, 2014, 05:11:24 AM
Rolo has built a tap tempo phaser too.. and it sounds awesome.
I've got one PCBs ready to go. I just need to buy a box

madbean

I have built a phaser around the TAPLFO chip. I might even release it.

jubal81

Quote from: madbean on July 27, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
I have built a phaser around the TAPLFO chip. I might even release it.

Sweet Jeebus, 8 LDRs? Epic.

Wondering about the LFO with the phaser. Is there really much use to using any wave type other than sine?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

Quote from: jubal81 on July 27, 2014, 10:25:05 PM
Wondering about the LFO with the phaser. Is there really much use to using any wave type other than sine?

I have not decided yet if there is much use, yet. I guess that is the main sticking point. Just need to spend more time with it.

Maybe I could do a video of it showing some of the settings and people can tell me if they think it is worth the trouble.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: rullywowr on July 27, 2014, 04:26:37 AM
I've also been working on a PCB for the Sabrotone Tap Tempo Trem which uses the same LFO. Still working out the kinks with the software. Harold has pin 1 (normally the reset pin) working as external tap. This makes it a pain to program.   Working on the code to disable that feature.

Anyway if anyone is looking to work with the attiny85- I have a PCB and a kit available on my site which makes it a breeze to program these tiny chips. The kit includes an ATtiny85. You just need a programmer such as the USBtinyISP which runs about 9 bucks on ebay to get started.

trem board works but just dialing in the chip. here is my proto build.

I think I need more info on this ASAP  :D  More specifically, when can I give you money for it :)

culturejam

Square wave get's some cool funky wah sounds.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: culturejam on July 28, 2014, 06:43:29 PM

Square wave get's some cool funky wah sounds.
+1 on the square wave.

This page has a few little clips with different wave options.
http://www.empresseffects.com/phaser.html#

GrindCustoms

Quote from: madbean on July 27, 2014, 11:21:45 PM

I have not decided yet if there is much use, yet. I guess that is the main sticking point. Just need to spend more time with it.

Maybe I could do a video of it showing some of the settings and people can tell me if they think it is worth the trouble.

Brian, that the other phaser you did based on the PhasorII?

I've got very good result in my modded Nutron's with the square wave, i found it to be very musical. In the next one i'm putting together there will be Sine, Square, RampUp and RampDown options with all the in betweens.

And added another LDR that is switchable at the mixing/output stage, for «in sync» trem action.

Totally worth it imo.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/