Main Menu

Brazen Bull No. 1

Started by jubal81, July 27, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bufferz

Incredible man, seriously, well done!
affiliations: TFX

rullywowr

Just plain killin it on all levels. Nice job, so many good things happening in there.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Willybomb

I give up.  Anyone want the enclosures, jacks, 9v sockets and the miscellaneous detritus that arrived in the mail today?

jubal81

I'm glad you guys are digging this one. I've spent a lot of hours and moolah on it. It's really still in the proof-of-concept phase. The boost and CMOS sections definitely have the wow factor going on. The muff section needs a little more tweaking and the Mu-amp needs some spice and maybe another gain section.

I'm also going to match the output levels better thanks to the feedback I'm getting. I was thinking about it as 4 different effects, but it's pretty clear it needs to be more like one 'gain' pedal with four flavors.

Big thanks to my beta testers.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

RobA

That enclosure is flat-out a work of art. Beautiful!
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

lars

This is just an incredible build! What a great concept, great choice of dirt pedal variants, and the artwork and skill that went into the execution...all-in-all a pedal that anybody would be proud to have on their board for a long, long, long, long-long time.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

gtangas

micromegas

Sorry for bringing this old topic back to life. I was searching some info about CD4049 distortions and stumbled upon this topic again.
Any updates on this Jason? The concept was magnificient and I was wondering if you were able to sort out the levels problem.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

Sorry for the language.... But this is fucking outstanding!

I see more stacked pcb builds coming in the future.

raulduke

Just noticed that this was originally posted in July... How did I miss this ha ha!

cooder

Quote from: raulduke on April 07, 2015, 02:30:35 PM
Sorry for the language.... But this is fucking outstanding!

I see more stacked pcb builds coming in the future.
... it still is feckin' outstanding, even months later... ;)
So would be great if this could see the light of day once details are sorted....
BigNoise Amplification

Dulouz

bcalla

Yikes!!!  I was hoping to raise my game by learning how to etch.  This is a whole other level.

jubal81

Thanks, guys.

I've had a lot of irons in the fire and haven't gotten back around to this guy yet. The good news is the things I've been working on in the meantime have given me some good ideas.

Here's the todo list:
+Run the JFETs at a higher voltage. I'm looking at 24V.
+Better (and more) low-pass filtering.
+New tone stack (James sounds good in theory, but I find it kind of boring and I want this to have some character)
+Use a single JFET for the OD instead of the MuAmp
+Tweak the gain in each stage of the Muffish

Not sure when I'm going to get around to it, though. I'm changing jobs and moving in the next few months, so life's going to get interesting.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

rullywowr

This is so awesome.  Why do I keep envisioning "Bald Bull" from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!! for NES though.  If I can assist at all let me know.  This is totally bad ass.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!