News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brazen Bull No. 1

Started by jubal81, July 27, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I was like... :o .....then I was like  8)

very cool indeed

micromegas

Quote from: jubal81 on April 07, 2015, 04:03:26 PM
Thanks, guys.

I've had a lot of irons in the fire and haven't gotten back around to this guy yet. The good news is the things I've been working on in the meantime have given me some good ideas.

Here's the todo list:
+Run the JFETs at a higher voltage. I'm looking at 24V.
+Better (and more) low-pass filtering.
+New tone stack (James sounds good in theory, but I find it kind of boring and I want this to have some character)
+Use a single JFET for the OD instead of the MuAmp
+Tweak the gain in each stage of the Muffish

Not sure when I'm going to get around to it, though. I'm changing jobs and moving in the next few months, so life's going to get interesting.
Thanks for the update Jason. New ideas sound cool (execpt ditching the MuAmp... nobody cares about MuAmps no more :P ).
If you need anything to verify we're here to help.
Good luck with the new changes in your life too. Life has to get interesting from time to time :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

chordball

I don't know how I missed this when you first posted but holy shit! That enclosure is amazing! I'm equally impressed with the circuit but the shock factor definitely comes from the enclosure.

Leevibe

Man, I'm glad to see this one get bumped. This pedal represents an insane amount of creativity, planning, and hard work. I see tons of chances here for stuff to not work out, and look how perfect it is. Copper?!?!? Come on!

TGP39

Thanks, guys.

I've had a lot of irons in the fire and haven't gotten back around to this guy yet. The good news is the things I've been working on in the meantime have given me some good ideas.

Here's the todo list:
+New tone stack (James sounds good in theory, but I find it kind of boring and I want this to have some character)

Not sure when I'm going to get around to it, though. I'm changing jobs and moving in the next few months, so life's going to get interesting.

The guy who puts out a masterpiece like this and then says "I can make it better", is the guy I want to buy pedals from in the future. Sky's the limit Jason. I'm excited to see what you create in the future.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

HKimball

I didn't see this thread when it was originally put up but holy crap...

Whether you build good sir I  want one of.... Incredible stuff here

studiodunn

Holy cow man, that is epic on so many levels.

HKimball

Here's the todo list:

It almost sounds like a jfet based OD hooked up to a muff? Or I wonder if you could have a gain stage using the fatpants switching system so essentially the front end is a jfet boost and then you add in (for example) on one setting 2x1n4148 to ground, then beyond that add another jfet with some 1n4148s in a negative feedback loop (which is a pretty gainy 1 transistor design actually:

Man not to derail but this thread has me thinking lol.

At any rate I love the design and enclosure.

Edit: sorry for the double post

jubal81

The first and last stage are simple jfet boost stages.

I should really do a block diagram so you guys can see what's going on.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

nzCdog

zomg jason thats more than epic!  :o 8)
very very impressive man

Guitarmageddon

Holy Cow! - just saw this badass beyond belief!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Guybrush

hylandren

In addition to echoing what everyone else has said, as someone who etches, I am also blown away by how accurately you achieved the 3D "wrap around" on your enclosure etch!
I had once thought about attempting something similar, but decided it wasn't doable. Obviously, I was WRONG!
How you got the vertical lines that run parallel to each corner to bend and still match up on top of the enclosure so precisely is way beyond my skill set...