News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flintlock with glitter

Started by jubal81, July 28, 2014, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Really having a ton of fun playing with this one. Brilliant work.

Yes, I got the jack top-mounted. I used Smallbear's smallest, Shaved them down and took them right to the edge. Nerve-wracking. That's also a 1776effects relay bypass in there.
The box is etched, painted and envirotexed. That can of red glitter blast is going a long way.  ;) 

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

blearyeyes

Excellent work! Looks great.

How does it sound?

jubal81

Quote from: blearyeyes on July 28, 2014, 05:12:59 PM
Excellent work! Looks great.

How does it sound?

Incredible. I'm smiling the whole time it's on.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

blearyeyes

dan.schumaker

Were you able to top mount it in a 1590BB?  Or did you have to move up to a 125BB?

jubal81

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 28, 2014, 06:26:13 PM
Were you able to top mount it in a 1590BB?  Or did you have to move up to a 125BB?

It's a 125BB.
- David Fair

alanp

Very nice! So, how does the gathering storm sound? Does it cut through, like a knife of dreams, or does it sound cold and wet, like winter's heart? ;) ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dan.schumaker

I am going to put mine in a 125BB too, with top mount jacks.  Good thing I have some of those jacks on hand already.  Thanks for blazing the trail!

Hangingmonkey

You're on a roll with some top notch builds. I've got my flintlock all populated and ready but I've left it on my procrastination pile for the last few weeks as I always have a hard time biasing flangers. Seeing your pics, I might have to get back to it...

Govmnt_Lacky

How does the gate function? What pot did you use for it? and what JFET did you use?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

Whoa, the first build report for this has top-mounted jacks...set the bar nice and high why don't you!  ;)

Just teasing, this looks amazing!

Haberdasher

bad ass build jubal!  very glad you like it too!
what is the story with the red glitter paint?  are you filling some of the etched out areas with it?  it looks awesome.
i figured with the right jacks top mounts in a 125bb would go, but it's impossible to tell unless you commence t'drillin holes.  i think it could also be done with those group buy kobiconns but we won't know until someone tries it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Yeah, i etch, then tape, paint & sand. I've not reached level Cody yet, but I'm getting better at it.
- David Fair

jprizz

That is fantastic! Great job getting that done - jacks and all.