News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flintlock with glitter

Started by jubal81, July 28, 2014, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jubal81 on July 28, 2014, 09:42:32 PM
Yeah, i etch, then tape, paint & sand. I've not reached level Cody yet, but I'm getting better at it.

Shoot, your stuff is killing it. That glitter blast paint is a PITA to work with and you definitely got it down to an art brother.

Cody

jubal81

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 29, 2014, 06:33:11 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on July 28, 2014, 09:42:32 PM
Yeah, i etch, then tape, paint & sand. I've not reached level Cody yet, but I'm getting better at it.

Shoot, your stuff is killing it. That glitter blast paint is a PITA to work with and you definitely got it down to an art brother.

Cody

Thanks, bud.

It's definitely a PITA. It's textured and if you sand it, it gets nice & flat, but then it gets dull. What I worked out is to put masking tape over the whole area and use a bright light and razor cutter to just leave the tape on the design areas. Respray, then use the Envirotex to get a nice, smooth finish.

As a comparison, you can see how the sanding dulled the glitter area on the Duplex:

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Govmnt_Lacky

Sooo....

How does the Gate work for you on your build? Did you use a 10K or 100K pot for it?

Just trying to see if this build is comparable to the A/DA builds.  ;)

jubal81

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 29, 2014, 07:18:53 PM
Sooo....

How does the Gate work for you on your build? Did you use a 10K or 100K pot for it?

Just trying to see if this build is comparable to the A/DA builds.  ;)

Oh yeah, I meant to get back to you. I used 10K, but I didn't try the 100K so I can't really speak to a comparison. I also used a 5457 JFET like Keefe. I think it sounds spectacular, but I don't really know enough about the circuit to give good advice on it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

TGP39

These last couple builds you have done are just unbelievable. I'm hoping for a tutorial on just one of your amazing finishes. You too Cody. Help us newbies who have trouble with just spray paint and a waterslide decal. Ok.....not all newbies....just me. :)
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Cortexturizer

Incredible work. Just...oh why am I praising this so much as if it was a surprise, I mean man whenever I see a topic in build reports started by this fine fine man - I know what to expect.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams