News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Minimum Post number required for BST?

Started by GrindCustoms, July 29, 2014, 03:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I've noticed that lately lots of first posts by newer member are in the BST,  with no introduction prior to it, just signing in and put their shizznit for sale.

What would it be to have a minimum post required to be able to post stuff for sale in that section? Instead of having people that are not active in this community and simply take advantage of the views of this message board.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

I say if you buy their wares, it's your own fault.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on July 29, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

My point is not the quality or reliability of those adds, it's simply the fact that the forum is used as a «commercial window» with no other interaction with the community.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 29, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: jimilee on July 29, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

My point is not the quality or reliability of those adds, it's simply the fact that the forum is used as a «commercial window» with no other interaction with the community.
ohhhhhh....right :-D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 29, 2014, 03:06:39 PM
I've noticed that lately lots of first posts by newer member are in the BST,  with no introduction prior to it, just signing in and put their shizznit for sale.

What would it be to have a minimum post required to be able to post stuff for sale in that section? Instead of having people that are not active in this community and simply take advantage of the views of this message board.

Rej

I have noticed that recently also. I usually not order from someone unless I have seen them contribute on other threads and have 50 or more posts. There has been a few times I have bent my rules but then I know the risk. That being said, I have only had one bad experience here in the BST and quite a few of us got screwed on the deal.

I could be wrong but I don't think the BST forum was made for the people that made an account just to get a larger audience to sell their stuff.

I know what its like to have something for sale and you want as many people to see it as possible but this is not really one of those kind of forums. It feels more like a close knit group than a place of random rambling.

Cody

ThePastRecedes

I'm an active member at offsetguitars.com and they have a 50 post count before "unlocking" the B/S/T section.

This creates an issue when members join just to sell/buy something they post pad comments like "+1", " 8)", ect... Just to get to the 50 post mark.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 29, 2014, 03:32:15 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think the BST forum was made for the people that made an account just to get a larger audience to sell their stuff.

That's also my feeling.

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on July 29, 2014, 03:36:42 PM
I'm an active member at offsetguitars.com and they have a 50 post count before "unlocking" the B/S/T section.

This creates an issue when members join just to sell/buy something they post pad comments like "+1", " 8)", ect... Just to get to the 50 post mark.

Agreed, that's annoying.

chromesphere

I think I know which BST thread this post relates to and I tend to agree.  The seller lists these parts on ebay, so I guess he was trying to tap straight into the source and expand his horizons.  Nothing wrong with that, I just feel the BST is a priviledge for those of us that contribute.   

A minimum post requirement on the BST would act as a hurdle.  This is territory for MB and moderators, but I definitely think its a good idea and would act as a deterrent.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

GrindCustoms

Quote from: chromesphere on July 29, 2014, 09:49:15 PM
I think I know which BST thread this post relates to and I tend to agree.  The seller lists these parts on ebay, so I guess he was trying to tap straight into the source and expand his horizons.  Nothing wrong with that, I just feel the BST is a priviledge for those of us that contribute.   

A minimum post requirement on the BST would act as a hurdle.  This is territory for MB and moderators, but I definitely think its a good idea and would act as a deterrent.

That's much like i was seeing it aswell, it was also intent to have the opinion of Brian and the mods.

selfdestroyer

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

High Five to all of you guys... LMAO!!! Just saw what you did in the BST... ;)

rullywowr

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 30, 2014, 07:57:11 AM
High Five to all of you guys... LMAO!!! Just saw what you did in the BST... ;)

Welcome to the forum!   8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

I'm okay with a minimum post count to start threads in BST. I think any registered member should be able to view them...similar to TGP except without the membership fee thing.

I'll look into it.