Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

chasm reverb

Started by gtangas, July 30, 2014, 06:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

and... lol.... another!

Chasm reverb from dead astronaut

Not a new build.. but i think i didn't share it on the forum.

More an ambiance box but on lower settings it gives a smooth reverb! the oscillator is a nice feature

this a buffered effect but it is placed on the end of the chain so that is not a big problem for me!

combined with a delay and OMG

the face plate didn't came out very well (old and cheap pcb boards that i bought in local shop) but... ;) it works right?!

some pics:

the off board wiring is a PITA

near to my egnater

and near to my relic amp davoli 

Droogie

Nice job! Since the faceplate actually has a retro look to it, the "imperfections" just make it look vintage. I really like the circuit, but a bit of a PITA to wire for folks spoiled by board-mounted everything.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

selfdestroyer

kudos for using Deadastronaut PCB etch. I built one and all the off board wiring drove me nuts so I never finished it because I just could not make it look clean. You did a great job at the wiring and I love the distressed look of the face plate.

I built Chi_boy's layout and it sounds great but I need to box it up. It got moved to the back burner since I got my Strymon Big Sky.

Cody

brejna

Quote from: gtangas on July 30, 2014, 06:58:13 AM
and... lol.... another!

Chasm reverb from dead astronaut

Not a new build.. but i think i didn't share it on the forum.

More an ambiance box but on lower settings it gives a smooth reverb! the oscillator is a nice feature

this a buffered effect but it is placed on the end of the chain so that is not a big problem for me!

combined with a delay and OMG

the face plate didn't came out very well (old and cheap pcb boards that i bought in local shop) but... ;) it works right?!

some pics:

the off board wiring is a PITA

near to my egnater

and near to my relic amp davoli 

You are missing Abductor delay now :D

Droogie

Quote from: brejna on July 30, 2014, 09:40:09 AM

You are missing Abductor delay now :D

They'll come out with a fabbed board for the Abductor just when I finish wiring my etched board, just like with the Chasm.  :) End of thread derail!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

gtangas

Yeah the wires gave a lot of trouble Hehe

I have to check this abductor.. Thanks for the tip! This is a new one!

alanp

Pretty swish! I had a crack at a layout for the abductor, too many parts around the 4 PT2399's to make it simple.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gtangas

Checked the abductor delay... The 4 pt make it like a double delay in parallel... Nice for those U2 settings

The wiring is the same basic of the chasm... Hehhe... As dead astronaut says... Take a few beers... But it's a very nice delay judging by the demo