News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

jumbo tone bender

Started by gtangas, August 01, 2014, 04:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

hi

A colorsound jumbo tone bender that i build to a local bass player using the GGG pcb bass version.

we spend hours swapping the transistors until he found the sound that he was looking for... MAn!!!

A kill bill look hehehe

Droogie

That's a great looking pedal! Nice job!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

bcalla

pickdropper

That's a great looking pedal and a cool story.

I am sure it was great for the bass player to be involved in the process of dialing the sound in to exactly what he wanted.  Not the normal pedal buying experience.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

That's one snazzy-lookin pedal. Outstanding.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Awesome job on the graphics!

gtangas

Iap, completely different from go to a chop...
This people that I build the pedals are mostly friends or friend of a friend and I have no issues on evolving them on the process.

I have a nice episode with one of them, João, he plays on a Portuguese band called alcoolemia and on a tribute to pearl Jam. At the beginning he ask me to finish some builds that he started... Just a complete mess lol... Horrible soldering and some other big issues.
So one day he call me asking if I could build him a Fuzz 70... I said no.. Hehe.. we are going to build that pedal... And we spent 2 intire Sundays building the dam thing.. It was very funny!! I tried to teach him what I could (bad teacher with a big stick Hehe) and today's building is on things.. With doubts and fears... But aren't we all?

A month ago he went to my house and offer me an old tube amp, a Davoli super lied 200wts Man old school stuff
It was a poisoned gift Hehe it was broken and I spent a intire month to bring it to life again but it was a kind gesture!

Thanks

catfud

Great build! I especially like how you've used kill bill colours inside the enclosure too :-)

gtangas

Pure coincidence ;-) but yea.. Pure kill bill

jimilee

EXCALIBAH!!!! Why you no include trannies? We can't know the secret sauce???
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gtangas

Quote from: jimilee on August 01, 2014, 03:22:03 PM
EXCALIBAH!!!! Why you no include trannies? We can't know the secret sauce???

Hehe no secrets here...
This one doesn't use trannies... The holes that you see on the pcb are for the guitar version, but this is the bass ed
;-)

Jean-Rock

Very impressed by your perfect gloss finish...as always! :-)
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

nzCdog

nice finishing, love the look

wgc

Dynamic!  Killer graphics and clear coat
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings