News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

best 3pdt wiring for bi colour led

Started by soldersqueeze, April 01, 2013, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

I was wondering which of these wiring layouts people consider "best practice", of if there's another option I'm ignoring-

any thoughts welcome

jkokura

The second grounds the fx input when the switch is in bypass. That's what I would use.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stecykmi

agreed, the 2nd one will help prevent pops during switching, although either will work.

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: soldersqueeze on April 01, 2013, 10:55:31 AM
I was wondering which of these wiring layouts people consider "best practice", of if there's another option I'm ignoring-

any thoughts welcome

is that the cathode going to 9v?
other 2 leeds are the anode??
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

flanagan0718

wgc

Weird, I just did a layout using the second version. Make sure that you buy common anode LEDs with this version.   

I screwed that up since my dip trace library had common cathode, and I used it knowing I had to remember to switch polarity at the part, and then forgot to check when I bought the LEDs.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Quote from: wgc on August 04, 2014, 06:42:21 PM
Weird, I just did a layout using the second version. Make sure that you buy common anode LEDs with this version.   

I screwed that up since my dip trace library had common cathode, and I used it knowing I had to remember to switch polarity at the part, and then forgot to check when I bought the LEDs.

Thats crazy, I literally did the same thing this weekend for a project and it took me 30 minutes before I caught it. Lol

Cody

wgc

Great minds...  8)

Not sure why I didn't think of doing this sooner. Should be cool.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings