News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin of doom!!!

Started by jimilee, August 05, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I couldn't think of anything witty to say. This is a straight forward sharkfin, I made a ton of bonehead mistakes on this one all the way done to not soldering a wire on the stomp which caused another hour of frustration and debugging.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Coolio!  8)
And you came out on top again, after all the debugging, that's the story!
I still gotta box mine up...
BigNoise Amplification

muddyfox

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on August 05, 2014, 07:34:23 PM
Coolio!  8)
And you came out on top again, after all the debugging, that's the story!
I still gotta box mine up...
I took this thing apart more than my first build, fortunately it was just dumb mistakes I made.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

selfdestroyer

Awesome pedal Jimi. Love the art work of the ship.

When your not using the pedal you can lease it out to the city to store power in those 35V caps for emergency power. :0

All kidding aside, great build.

Cody

bcalla

Quote from: jimilee on August 05, 2014, 07:36:45 PM
I took this thing apart more than my first build, fortunately it was just dumb mistakes I made.
Your earlier 'dumb mistakes' post inspired me to reflow one of my non-working builds sitting in my 'later' pile.  It didn't get fixed when I swapped out the chips and a few other things.  Of course reflowing did the trick.

Nice recovery, it came out great.

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on August 05, 2014, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 05, 2014, 07:36:45 PM
Your earlier 'dumb mistakes' post inspired me to reflow one of my non-working builds sitting in my 'later' pile.  It didn't get fixed when I swapped out the chips and a few other things.  Of course reflowing did the trick.

Nice recovery, it came out great.
Fantastic man!

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 05, 2014, 08:35:53 PM
Awesome pedal Jimi. Love the art work of the ship.

When your not using the pedal you can lease it out to the city to store power in those 35V caps for emergency power. :0

All kidding aside, great build.

Cody
I know, right. Sumbitches are huge. I want sure if I was gonna be able to get the lid in it.

TGP39

Love it Jimi. You do fantastic graphics on your builds. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jubal81

Now that's just plain cool! I need to make one of these.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Quote from: jubal81 on August 06, 2014, 01:20:50 AM
Now that's just plain cool! I need to make one of these.
You should, I'm not sure what you would use one for, but it makes cool noises.

Jabulani Jonny

Man looks great.  I dig the graphic. 
Jonathan

wgc

There's not nearly enough ships on pedals, I think.

Looks great!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Quote from: wgc on August 06, 2014, 02:56:00 AM
There's not nearly enough ships on pedals, I think.

Looks great!
I'll agree. I've been looking for a pedal to use this on for a while now.