News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow gear in low gear

Started by jimilee, August 06, 2014, 11:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So here is the slow gear clone, finished the enviro cure today and let her rip!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Spiffin' stuff Jimi, the man's on a roll...!
How do you like the effect, is it very pronounced and usable? I'm wondering because a number of people have reported it to be quite subtle and you have to get used to playing with it in the right way, set it etc...? I have built one that's in the 'not boxed up yet' pile and on testrig I found it too subtle and not m uch happening. So I'm wondering if I haven't dialed it in properly or did a stuff up?
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

It's ok I guess. I've only used it with single coils. It's not subtle, but it doesn't have apt of usable range, I was gird song because of the log pot. Linear would probably help. I've gotten the "strings" sound that you can get from a vine pedal though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TGP39

I love it Jimi.  Awesome graphics once again.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bcalla

Leevibe

That's a sweet graphic. I think you forgot wires though! :)

jimilee

Quote from: Leevibe on August 07, 2014, 11:54:48 AM
That's a sweet graphic. I think you forgot wires though! :)
They're there alright. I had to turn it sideways because I eyeballed it and said sure it will fit in a 1590b no problem.

Leevibe

It gives it a good clean look.

jimilee

pickdropper

Nice one Jimi.  I like the graphic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper